Author Topic: I kind of new to this...  (Read 3332 times)

Offline sgtgeorge

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I kind of new to this...
« on: October 02, 2004, 11:33:11 PM »
There are no CAS type shoots where I live on Long Island, NY (unless someone out there knows of one and would like to tell me).  But, I love single action sixguns.  It all started 4 years ago when I bought a Ruger Single Six.  What a great gun.  Six months ago, I bought this lonely looking Blackhawk in .30 Carbine.  It sat in the dealer's showcase for so long, its Birthday Cake had 5 candles on it.  I once owned a S&W model 29 in .44 Mag, but that Blackhawk was in a class by itself!  I never heard a muzzle blast or saw a muzzle flash like that BlackHawk in .30 Carbine.  I had to put a Hogue Monogrip on it (probably sacriligious to you folk) just to control the recoil.  Today, I took another plunge.  My dealer had a used Blackhawk in .45LC/.45 ACP for $300.00. The gun looks as if it were fired once and it had a lovely pair of faux ivory grips on it.  I cannot wait to get to the range. 

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
Re: I kind of new to this...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 07:45:45 AM »
Here is a quick link to SASS clubs in the NY area.

http://www.sassnet.com/AClubs-NY-001A.php

I'm sure others will be along to help get you pointed in the right direction.

All those States back there are so small it should be fairly easy to find something in driving distance.

Get out and shoot those things!   :)
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline sgtgeorge

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 10:03:55 PM »
Thanks for the link.  I plan to go shooting tomorrow if everything I need to do first pans out.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:52:10 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com