Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1290445 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »
Talledega, this weekend. Should be a lot of "bunched up" race cars waiting for the "big wreck" that takes out half the field at one time.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »
Might be some wadded up stuff towards the front early. Ain’t bad mouthin’ ‘em, just sayin’ but some of the go-or-go-home teams have done some pretty extreme things to the cars to get ‘em inta the show. Settin’s that ain’t gonna last but a few laps before they start causin’ problems. Impound rules. The cars can’t be adjusted until the race starts. The 78 on the pole, 84 ‘n 70 in the second row ‘n the 21 in 12th.  I hope they get out of the way quick.

22 ‘n 96 go home. Thinkin’ there’s more problems at BDR than they’re lettin’ on. This is their last year with Caterpillar. Guessin' they'll be goin' bye-bye after this season's end. 

HoF Racin’ has to figure dumpin’ Raines for Yeley was a bad move by now.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
That was the lamest excuse for causin’ a freakin’ wreck spewin’ outtah Lepage’s mouth I’ve heard inna long time. Ya pull inta traffic runnin’ 70 or 80 mph hour faster? What a dumb ass move. I had more respect for him than that.

I’ll give him one thing. That interview would have made a Clinton proud. Tryin’ ta shift the blame for his major screw up ta others. Disgustin’.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 07:42:51 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2008, 05:17:19 PM »
Busch Series(League)?????????? 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »
I think that the Craftsman Truck Series is becoming the most competive of all the Series.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »
Busch beer backed outta the series sponsorship. Nationwide insurance has it now. The move doesn’t rise to the readily accepted level of the term ‘Busch League’.

Yanno, most times ya see these things ‘n initially ya blame one driver. Another angle from another camera ‘n ya see it wasn’t all him. Then ya chalk it up to ‘one ah them racin’ deals’. But I don’t know that I’ve ever seen one more blatantly stupid as that ‘n against the blend instructions issued by NASCAR. Then to give an interview blamin’ other folks is too much.

They’re rippin’ ‘im a new one on the racin’ board. I’m of the opinion NASCAR should take post race action on this one.

Looks like the trucks are a wreck waitin’ ta happen. They don’t play nice.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »

This ones from a while ago.  Brief footage but shows a good view.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2008, 08:52:52 PM »
That was a while ago. I don't think they even race at the track in Colorado, which by the way started out as a horse racing track.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »
This classic display of brilliance:

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »
Wow, I fergot about that one :o
     16 cars.  Guess no one ever taught the boy ta merge.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2008, 08:20:33 AM »
There's one for America's Stupidest Videos!

I would expect they would slap him good for a boneheaded stunt like that.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2008, 09:37:37 AM »
LaPage definitely had his head up his ass.  There is no excuse for that kind of stupidity.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2008, 10:12:03 AM »
Grab a pant-load of the interviews, replays ‘n commentary. The ole boy is delusional or a liar. Maybe both.

He’s 40 some odd years old. Been drivin’ in one major series or another for 15 years. Got a couple wins in the old Busch series. Won 15 million dollars. Made 400 races ‘n logged over 100 thousand miles on the tracks. His wife is his spotter. He knows better’n to pull a stunt like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVQrncqFfY0&feature=related

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
A dozen cars passed before he went over the line?
     I counted two.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »
You are supposed to blend with the flow of traffic and stay below the yellow line until it is clear to move up.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2008, 02:53:11 PM »
Yeah, yet the guy can stand in front of a camera and lie like a rug.  He cost some good drivers important points.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »
You can hear the spotter sying watch the blend line, and I liked the comment about using common sense, seems like that is disappearing everywhere nowadays.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »
It's all about the sponsors being happy and if the driver can't win he or she will be replaced.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2008, 07:10:33 AM »
Kindah enjoy the sponsor battles.

Mars Candies (M&Ms) has to be happy to be off the 38 ‘n on the 18. Another win. In the junk food battle they beat L’il Debbie Snack Cakes.

Ya know FedEX is tickled ‘n UPS frustrated. Bettin’ UPS bolts MWR for RFR next season.

Northern Tool & Equipment torqued DeWalt down.

One Red Bull car beats the Amp Energy car. But the Amp car beat the other Red Bull car. A draw?

The National Guard outscores the Army.

Kellogg’s Corn Flakes over Cheerios.

Carquest over NAPA.

alltel hangs up on AT&T. The series sponsor, Sprint, don’t want either of ‘em on the track.

Lowe’s over Menard’s over Home Depot.

Budweiser taps Miller out but Crown Royal drowned ‘em both.

Pennzoil lubes Marathon ‘n they slide past Mobile 1. 

Reckon Tums Quick Pak ‘n Hunt Brothers Pizza er kindah rivals. Tums win.

Garmin can’t find no one to race.

Best Buy hawks office stuff. They won out over Office Depot. Office Depot blew a cubicle caster.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2008, 07:17:22 AM »
FWIW.......

STATESVILLE, N.C.PUBLIC APOLOGY FROM KEVIN LEPAGE – “As a child my dreams had always been to race on Superspeedways. Racing in NASCAR has allowed this to happen and I have a career that I love. However, on Saturday afternoon every racer’s concern was realized, as I caused “The Big One”. After reviewing the tapes of the accident I realize I need to apologize to NASCAR, the car owners, my fellowcompetitors and most importantly the fans. I made a huge driver error by blending onto the racetrack in the wrong area. This caused a multi-car accident and changed the outcome of the race for many teams. I’m so thankful that no one was hurt considering the number of cars involved. In over 25 years of racing this was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made behind the wheel of a stock car and I promise that it will not happen again. It is such a terrible feeling knowing that NASCAR, the car owners, fellow competitors and NASCAR fans think this was a “bonehead” move and I certainly don’t want anyone thinking of me in these terms. Speaking yesterday before reviewing the tapes of the accident made me look like a “heal” and there is not a single person to blame for this huge mistake except myself. I have worked very hard over the years to gain the respect of NASCAR, the owners,competitors and the fans and it will take a long time to gain it back after what happened. Once again I want to apologize to everyone involved. If I could replay the race, I would have used better judgment and let the pack go by before blending onto the racetrack.”Sincerely, Kevin Lepage

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com