Author Topic: Cimarron Frontier .357 RANGE REPORT  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron Frontier .357 RANGE REPORT
« on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »
On Saturday April 20 in the year of our Lord 2013 I had a pleasure being at the local shooting range with my cowboy guns.
Just as a reminder I have Cimarron Frontier 4.75" barrel in .357mag with factory slicked up action and real color case hardening (posted pictures earlier) and 20" Rossi 1892 in the same caliber.

There is only a couple of word describing my sixshooter. It shoots as good as it looks and it looks like a dream!
I shot factory reloaded .38special 158gr RNFP at all ranges.

Here is some data:

7yards- 1"
10yards-1"
15yards-1.75"
20yards-2"-2.5"
25yards-2"-2.5"
30yards-2"-2.5"
35yards-2"-2.5"

It grouped very good. I hit bullseye several times when lined up the sights correctly.
At closer ranges I was shooting up about 3" or so, but as the distance grew, the groups were where I wanted them to be.
I was using those "hit and see" targets and I put 9 of them together so I could see exactly where I was hitting as a precaution.
Unneeded that preparation.
Anyway it was a good day.
I shoot about 200 rounds without any trouble and very minimal recoil.

Offline bisognor

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Cimarron Frontier .357 RANGE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for posting about this SAA clone.  I was thinking about getting a pair myself for my first rig for CAS.  It appears you can get a decent deal on these.  I'm curious what you think of the action job.  Is it pretty smooth, and only light pressure to get it to cock?  Can you tell if the timming has been worked on at all, and whehter they have done some deburring on the insides?  Also, what about the trigger, does it feel lighter than a standard one?
The coloring doesn't look to bad in your pictures, but it sounded as though you were unhappy enough that you will have work on them.  Have you read anyhting about any oitments or treatments you can apply to them to increase color, short of having a gunsmith work on them?

Thanks for the help,

bisognor

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:50:53 PM »
Oh my my. I have missed this post and didn't reply last year! What a shame!
The colors on the frame were perfect. In my range review I was unhappy with the pictures of the revolver. The color case hardening on those guns are perfect.
The timing from what I could tell anyway was perfect. It really shows that someone really took their time to slick uo the entirr gun.
Trigger broke about 3lbs or so, buttery smooth.
Now I have two, Cimarron Frontier .357mag and GW2 with Turnbull finish in .45LC. Love them both. Both look almost like twins really. Colors and actions are magnificient.
I found that Frontier is a bit more comfortable for some reason.
Thank You and sorry for late reply.
Michael

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:04:08 AM »

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
This is the one made by Pietta?

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »
Yes Sir. Yes it is a Pietta gun. The action was perfectly timed and finish just as nice. What bothered me was the low price of it. If I recall correctly, the number was right around 435-450. Very accurate revolver at variety of ranges.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com