Author Topic: Looking for birds head grips on a 357/38.... who still makes them?  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Dakota Widowmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS# 65062
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Does anyone (Uberti or Ruger) still make a 38 spl revolver with birds head? Not Beretta, as I don't like the way it feels, and neither does my wife.

Does uberti still have this configuration available?

Just curious...

Offline Guage Rod

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Looking for birds head grips on a 357/38.... who still makes them?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »
DWM, Uberti is still making the birds head grip I believe in the model P (Taylor, Cimeron, EMF, and others).   There is also a Model P JR (Stallion) available from them as well.  Has the same frame size as the colt Lightning and Thunderer (3/4 size).  Not NCOWS legal, but can be used by SASS as a side match Pocket Pistol, since it is a single action.

There is not any actual documentation that a Model P was ever equiped with the BH grip from the factory prior to the turn of the century, but there may have been a Gun Smith out there willing to do it.

I would Imagine that you can still get a Ruger Single Six in the birds head grip, but I am not sure if they are in 38, maybe, only in the 32/20.  Might just be worth a try going to their web sites.  If you do not find what you need you can always go to VTI replica parts and order the back-strap and the birds head grips.  Probably get into a complete set-up for less than $125.00.  I did the opposite for a pinkerton grip that I had on an AWA Mod P.  

A word of caution, if you want a grip and backstrap that fit with out some sanding filing, then you should probably go the extra cost and get the fitted varriety as a pair.  

Vaya con Dios  

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:51:57 PM »
Uberti makes them under their "Cattleman" line, besides the Cimmaron etc guns.

Here's their website:

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/BirdsHead.tpl
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

Offline tinker2

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:06:48 AM »
Yes and very nice. I have a model Pjr in .38

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Lightning-sa.htm

Tinker2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com