Author Topic: 'MUST BE' Western movies on DVD  (Read 2545 times)

Henry4440

'MUST BE' Western movies on DVD
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:31 AM »
I was just looking for the DVDs of ' Fort Dobbs' and 'Yellowstone Kelly' with Clint Walker.
And what did i find?
NOTHING >:( >:(
 Can't understand why Warner Bros. didn't release the movies on DVD ???

Which other great Western movies  are not on DVD?

:'(

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 'MUST BE' Western movies on DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:44:06 PM »
Well I'm waiting for Red-Headed Stranger. Barbarosa could benefit from the Special Edition treatment as well as being presented in its original aspect ratio. The same might as well be said for The Legend of The Lone Ranger. That one deserved a better transfer than the one it got.
A work in progress.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 11:18:19 AM »
Well I'm waiting for Red-Headed Stranger. Barbarosa could benefit from the Special Edition treatment as well as being presented in its original aspect ratio. The same might as well be said for The Legend of The Lone Ranger. That one deserved a better transfer than the one it got.
I agree, both of the Willie Nelson movies were way under rated and should both get a decent DVD release. The Legend of the Lone Ranger, I fear, came out at the wrong time to be full appreciated. It was a very good film.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:17:05 PM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
The Legend of the Lone Ranger, I fear, came out at the wrong time to be full appreciated. It was a very good film.

One of the things some people complain about is the 'blurred' look of the film, which I ignore. Not to mention the dubbed voice of the Lone Ranger. There are some that said the breaking of Silver dragged on too long. Kind of a silly complaint considering the fast pace of the movie.
The biggest grief came when the producer(s) went after Clayton Moore and the fans didn't like that one bit.

I love the movie. Michael Horse's portrayal of Tonto is probably the best one out there. Although I would be remiss if I didn't mention Nathaniel Arcand's potrayal in the ill-fated Lone Ranger TV series of recent years.

You know if you watch closely during a target practice scene you'll see that Klinton Spilsbury is toting a pair of Great Western revolvers. :D
A work in progress.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
Just picked up Barbarosa at Wally World in the 5.00 bin. Has three other movies with it, Cheatin Hearts with James Strisand, uh, I mean Brolin , A Texas Funeral, and South of Heaven, West of Hell. Haven't had a chance to watch any of them yet. Hey, five bucks, what's to lose? Where else will you see Gary Busey packing a Patterson?
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com