Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 774541 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #720 on: September 23, 2009, 05:56:12 AM »
 :'(

Such a shame to lose the crews AND the planes.  I hope the families are OK.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #721 on: September 23, 2009, 01:44:36 PM »
The pilot of the A20 was from Fort Worth and about 80 years old at the time. They interviewed his son later and he said his Dad died doing what he loved to do.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: September 23, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »
If ya gotta go ...
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #723 on: Today at 08:33:29 PM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
If I go doing what I love most it will leave my wife psycologicaly scarred. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: September 24, 2009, 07:23:44 AM »
Now you're bragging, Leo.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: October 04, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
The PBS station in Dallas just finished an hour long special about the B17s that are still flying.  The CAF has two and the one in Fort Worth, makes me feel good that we have folks that are dedicated to the preservation and flying of these planes.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: October 04, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
I'd like to see that show.  Do you recall the name of it?

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: October 04, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
I'd love to see it, too, TLD 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: October 04, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
B17--Flying Legend

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: October 04, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »
Thank ya.  Gonna see if I can find it on the net.

Roland Deschain

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #730 on: October 05, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »
If I go doing what I love most it will leave my wife psycologicaly scarred. 

Yeah, I can see how having the person with the clicker dropping dead in the middle of Dancing With The Stars would have that effect on her.   :o   ;)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #731 on: October 05, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »
Leo, It sounds like 40 Rod has your number!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: October 05, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Now that was just plain funny.  Touche'

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: October 05, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »
Leo,  I hope you don't have any scars from it.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: October 05, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »
Here's a good one.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
Kindah neat ta bend a l’il take a few steps then stand up with yer head ‘n shoulders in the bomb bay of a fully operational B-25J.

I love prop noise…………
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #736 on: October 05, 2009, 04:07:22 PM »
All our fire planes are retired Navy.  Hearin them things fly low over the house is like music.

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: October 05, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »
course we didn't have no air base around to hear any military planes, but we had more of them single engine spray planes flyin around out there in the country than you could stir with a stick, 

most of em took off from a local airport every morning, but would then land at some farmers to fill up with water and poison,  my granddad had one guy he'd let land on his pasture and fill up.  I was 6 and when Doyle was flyin I'd be down there when he landed,  he had one of them converted PIPER CUB,  when he'd land he'd kill it and start fillin it up and hop me up in the seat,  he showed me what I could touch and what I couldn't,  mostly I pulled, pushed and went from side to side with the control stick.  thought the world of Doyle for lettin me play in his plane,

the year I turned  10,  he crashed at the end of a soybean field,  he came in that morning filled up and off he went,  he came over the house like any other time, waved the wing at us and next thing we heard was a crash and saw some smoke.  killed him instanly I guess according to the farmer that was there flaggin him.

found out through the years, it was dangerous business,  saw 3 others killed in spray plane crashes,  saw 3 other crashes where they walked away

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: October 05, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
I helped pull a pilot out of a crashed AG Cat when I was still in the Panhandle, in about 71. The plane was full of fuel and chemicals. We got the pilot out without the plane catching on fire. He was pretty banged up, but alive.  Those computer graphics are awesome, it looks real.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: October 05, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
Heres some real stuff and better music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY&feature=related

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com