Author Topic: tips and tricks  (Read 15709 times)

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: tips and tricks
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2018, 06:19:37 AM »
"I think its time we stop, Children what's that sound, Everybody look what's goin down!" Wish we had good tunes like that today instead of the "head banger music" wannabe's put out today.

And with that,  you just became the geezer you used to complain about as a youth. Next,  you'll  be yelling at kids to "get off my lawn! "
:)

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »
And with that,  you just became the geezer you used to complain about as a youth. Next,  you'll  be yelling at kids to "get off my lawn! "
:)

Yep, probably am..dang kids nowadays!  Used to have to sit through an hour of Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights listening to 'Champagne Music' (The Dodge Hour) before 'Have-Gun-Will Travel' and 'Gunsmoke' came on. Had to have our baths taken for Sunday church and various other duties done to. My wife says as a 'yout' she did also. Now once in a while on Saturday nights on PBS we find ourselves listening to Lawrence Welk (esp the old black and white reruns), remarking we each never figured we'd be watching L.W. Neighbors are no problem, closest one is half mile down the road, no kids, they don't care how much I 'bang' away burnin powder. Country livin!!! :) :)
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »
I never cared for Lawrence Welk much, but I occasionally had to sit through it too. Unless Dad had the tv, then it was Wrasslin.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:44:34 AM »

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1172
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2018, 03:33:14 PM »
I never cared for Lawrence Welk much, but I occasionally had to sit through it too. Unless Dad had the tv, then it was Wrasslin.

Lawrence Welk is a scary retro dude, who hired Disney Kids to grease their teeth and smile maniacally whilst dancing for geezers to watch.... They looked like they were on mind-control drugs....

still don't care for the show.

Just in case you may think I am down on accordians, I will offer the fact that we love Wierd Al Jankovic !

back to tips:
I clean out my cones with alcohol on q-tips, and blow thru the cones, let dry.
works fine so far.

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »

AH YES.  Cleaning out the cones.  I scrub my cylinders with a Toothbrush, expecial the back of the Cylinder, and with said same toothbrush I scrub the cones and cone recesses.  Then, as I run the dry patch thru the chamber, I use a brass enhanced pipe cleaner in the Cones and also then blow em out.  When I get to the range for a match, I Cap ALL the chambers and bust a cap.  The idea is the Cap will burn out and contaminants that don't belong in the chamber.  Cheap insurance.

A while back I ran into a suggestion to use a Rotary Electric Toothbrush to clean the Cones.  So I ran right out and bought one.  Total waste of 7 Bucks.  Oh well.

We do shoot a Lawrence Welk Sweep around here. 1 on 1, two on two, Three on three then 4 on four.  Some of the younger crowd look at e kind of funny when I call it a Lawrence Welk sweep.  "Who is Lawrence Welk??"  I always tell em he was a famous End of Trail winner way back when. (snicker snicker) 

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 196
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
I’ve shot many a lawrence welk sweep. My parents watched the show, but I always enjoyed JoAnn Castle, she could tear up the 88s.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com