Author Topic: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up  (Read 182925 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Re: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
Red Onion!

Yeah ! that's a Bermuda....  :)   now your talk'n',  gonna get some tomorrow !

I use Google , on YaHOO

great shot too
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »
Feeling somewhat better now, went in to work for just a couple hours, then took off for a sick day. Finally got in to my Chiropractor at 4:30, feeling better by at least 50% now, should improve by tomorrow, Cold easing up too. Won't have to worry about not over-doing things this weekend, since it's supposed to be rainy and cold next couple of days.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
Not a good day, we lost Ellie May Clampett and Little Jimmy Dickens today.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:46:02 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
Yeah ! that's a Bermuda....  :)   now your talk'n',  gonna get some tomorrow !

I use Google , on YaHOO

great shot too
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 05:41:49 AM »
32 and dark with frizzle here. Gotta start early today. We went out last night and salted the park in anticipation of this event. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 06:02:29 AM »
I'll put some coffee and tea on.

Got the farrier today if the weather doesn't cancel his visit. Guessers are showing a break in the rain around the time he would be here so fingers are crossed.

I get my horse bedding from a small local place that bought from a plant here in Chesapeake, plant just changed owners and they don't know if they will continue to produce the bedding or not.

Still fighting the cold.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 06:11:39 AM »
Thanks LIT looking forward to a cup.... 68° &  Foggy looking for 84° today  , tad warm for my likening.

reality show, watching NE 3 & 4 having breakfast. 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 06:24:17 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Let's say fifty headin' ta sixty. Rain ain't here yet. Comin' from the west straight along 58. Rainin' in the radar trap, otherwise known as Emporia, next stop Franklin.

Too bad 'nout the weather. Shoot's canned. They gotta planned police support rally thing scheduled for 1230 up the street. Were expectin' 2,000 but don't know now. Still goin' with it. Gonna check it out then look o'er a potential huntin' spot nearby. All after the station wagon gets fed. Weren't payin' no attention to it 'n it's down to < ¼. Might see the light come on for the first time.

They ate pretty good. Wonder what it was. Didn't see it brung in. Ain't gonna be much left the way the male's skinnin' it. One the moderators from the their board was at the golf course yestitty. Think she's gettin' 'er camera equipment tagether.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
Shrimp turned out quite well last night.  Shrimp, onions, mushrooms and garlic baked for about 20 minutes then served it on a bed of brown rice.  Added some garlic bread and some nice Chardonnay.
Probably going to finish off the Wellington from New Years Eve tonight.

Going from 37 yesterday to 47 today, with nice clear skies!  Think I’ll take down the Christmas lights before we get more snow.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2015, 08:56:09 AM »
Another wet, dreary day ahead. A good day to be inside by the fireplace. I had some oatmeal and toast for breakfast. I stayed up late, watching the Okie State Cowboys take care of the Washington Huskies. Victoria wants to go to the Park, but it is raining. She loves to lay in the backyard in the rain. I hated to hear about the passing of Little Jimmy Dickens and Donna Douglas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2015, 10:44:28 AM »
Started rain/ice in earnest about 7:15. Salt did help, but rain is washing it out now. Temp is 36 looking for somewhere's in the 40's. :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 11:44:36 AM »
The rain is forecast through Monday. The temp is 39, the high will be low 40s. I am having some leftover Fritos pie for lunch. Moose is fixing Beef Stroganoff for supper tonight. A good day to be inside by the fireplace.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
morning everyone!  Happy New Year!

how cool is it the December thread went 25 pages? ;D

we had snow for New Years.  Even Havasu and Bullhead got snow!  The half-pint loved it!

yeah... I'm still in my pajamas lol

on a sour note... we got the letter of "hey your lease is almost up, we'd love you to stay!"

however, our rent used to be $515/month.  But now they're wanting $610!  :o yeah... NO.  
so this afternoon we're going into the banks and lending firms to see what we can qualify for.  Meg's been working at her place for over 2 years and makes over 2K per month.  I think we'll qualify for what we want out in Valley Vista, a beautiful horse-ranch/golf course area north of Kingman.  But we'll see! :D

wish us luck!
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »
Good luck, Willie. The leftover Fritos Pie was good for lunch. Moose got a fire in the fireplace going. The Den is warming up. I am glad that our winter storm watch missed us. The Panhandle got snow and single digit temps.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
Got some of the evil frozen white stuff falling here, supposed to get 1 to 3 inches then turn to freezing rain/rain. Will be a mess on the roadways . Guess I'll try to stay home and fight the cold I came down with.Think I could have caught it from LIT through the computer??
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2015, 05:51:07 PM »
Major, I feel your pain! The ice and snow is no fun. I'll take cold and rain anytime. Moose is fixing the Beef stroganoff for supper, with salad a green vegetable of some sort. I am ready for warm weather to get here.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Ever had one of those days out in the woods where the animals laughed at you?  That's been my day.  Left the house at 7:30 this morning for some dove hunting with my friend.  I brought a box of 20ga dove loads I got, ($20 for a case of 100 from Wally World), and off we went.  I figured that 7/8 ounces of 7 1/2 shot would do the trick quite nicely on some doves, squirrels, or whatever else.  Wrong!
First shot I took was at a big ole' gray squirrel.  About 25 yards, standing still with his back to me.  I shot him, tossed him in the air a couple feet, and he took off.  No blood, no fur, no tracks.  phooie.

Second shot was about three minutes later at what I think was the same rodent.  This time at about 20 yards.  same scenario. 

Third shot, I turned around, and a big ole' raven was squawking at me from a tree.  I moved in to five yards, and let him have it.  It knocked him out of the tree, to the ground.  He got back up and flew off! ???

Fourth shot was at a jack rabbit.  my glove got in the way, so I couldn't get the safety off and my finger in the trigger quick enough, so by the time I got the gun ready, he was about to go over a hill.  I just plain fired too late.

Fifth-seventh shots were on one bird.  Get this:  a Steller's Jay (kind of like a blue jay with a mullet, for you easterners).  I saw him on a branch, and figured we could use it to teach my friend's puppy to fetch birds for us.  About ten yards.  he fell out of the tree, hit the ground, and flew off.  I followed him a while, until he was about to go under a bush.  I shot him twice before he went under.  He ran out the other side and flew off across the canyon. >:(

I have reached the conclusion that Federal dove loads are magic: they ONLY work on dove. 

Good luck Willie!

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 07:03:30 PM »
We have some good smells coming from the kitchen. The Strognoff will be great. I can hardly wait.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
Evening y'all.
Been busy today.
Worked on fixing a co-worker's laptop most of the day. It was a bugger. Then went to a neighbor's house because she couldn't get to the Internet. The DSL modem needed rebooting.

Had taco salad for supper. Watching Wonder Woman on MeTV.

Woke to 2"+ of sn*w. Was 'bout 20 this morn. Got ta 'bout 30.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
Guess I'll try to stay home and fight the cold I came down with.Think I could have caught it from LIT through the computer??

Think cuz Tom goes on ignore 'til 'e gets o'er the stuff.

Luck ta ya, Willie. Buy if ya can.

Rain's here but it ain't been much more'n a heavy drizzle so far. Hearin' different numbers on the rally thing but the weather didn't help. One sez hundreds – it was 'hundreds,' prolly three hundred there 'bouts, in the mall's P/L when we rode thru 'n more were comin' – one t'was there sed a pile of folks didn't go to the mall's stagin' area first 'n just showed up it downtown Pembroke's fountain. Guessed well o'er a thousand.

Caught one bird here, one there 'n one somewhere else. Just sittin', shot 'em anyway. All on familiar roosts. None the new place. That'n ain't gonna werk out.

Attacked the left over ham 'n bean thing. Gotta start puttin' this stuff in the ice box before eatin' it. It's right good ta when it's fresh, better after it's been refrigerated a couple days.

Gettin' ready ta sleep thru the Raven's game. DVR'll be runnin'. See what happened when I wake up......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com