Author Topic: It's September, don't Fall all over yourself getting to the Coffee, Tea and Grub  (Read 43405 times)

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Didn’t get to the Air Races until Friday, made the welcoming ceremony with flag/parachute jump.

Watched a few of the race heats, but was mainly interested the demo flights.

Red Eagles    5 Yak 52’s
B-25 fly-by
A TORA TORA TORA re-enactment
And group I had never heard of before:
Breitling Jet team from France.  They fly a seven plane group of  Czech Aero L-39 Albatros jets.

Managed to get out ahead of the crowd.  Was a good afternoon.

Made it home in plenty of time to take the wife out for her birthday.  Made it a great day
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am glad that you enjoyed the Air Races. The Tora Tora Tora group is a part of the CAF, they take part in the annual CAF AirSho in Midland, Texas in October.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Moose is bringing Chinese Take-Out for Supper tonight. It teased us again today, It clouded up, but no RAIN. I may have to resort to the Cherokee rain dance. It worked the last time.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The Chinese take-out was delicious, and I had a couple of Bud Lights to wash it down. I went to the back bedroom and laid down for a nap. It is dark outside and the beers made me sleepy. Moose starts another week of school and I start another week of retirement. Victoria is glad to have me home with her to keep her company.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
I'll start the pots ;)

49 and semi-dark here. Had rain on Saturday in the afternoon. Back to work in a bit ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning, no plans for breakfast right now, just plenty of black Cawffee.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
 ::) MONDAYS  ::)

I hate MONDAYS , if stupid is want to happen,  that's the day for it to most often HAPPEN ....

Thanks for the coffee .... I'm going need a butt load to put out Oh! by the way ! fires ...Stupid Sale people started over the weekend  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Monday is one day closer to Friday! I had some Cawffee and Toast for Breakfast.  Leftover Chinese take-out for Lunch. No clue for Supper.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Pizza night .... I got a small.... "SHE" want a sm Calzone
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Supper will be a big surprise tonight. I just woke up from a nap. I've got lawn mowing to look forward to tomorrow morning.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Mowed the front areas today myself. Got'em trimmed, too :o  More mowing tomorrow, I think ::)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
I'll start the pots ;)

54 and semi-dark at the moment. Guessers are sayin' around 79 for a high today. More mowing on the agenda probably. Last of the first batch of new homes came in yesterday right after lunch break. A 60 footer, actually 52 ft. with an 8 ft. wide porch on the front. ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I drank a quick cup of Cawffee this morning and started on the yards about 8:30 and finished at 10:00. I am cooling off and taking a short nap. It looks that now I can cut back to mowing every other week.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I am planning on some Lunch in an hour or so. The yard mowing got me hot and tired, so I took a nap. The temps are still warm around here, even though that Fall will get here this week.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Mowed and trimmed the rest of the areas we're responsible for. Then cleaned the mowers off( they needed it). Band practice tonight ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The weather is still hot and humid. I am glad that I got the mowing done early.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The front lawn may need mowing this weekend, but I think the back and side portions look like they are done for the season.  We shall see.  The Craftsman mower I have has a connection for a hose to clean it.  Hook it up,start her up, turn on the faucet and let’er run for a while.  Then put her away ‘til next year.  Hopefully that means later I’ll be able to fire up the snow blower sometime this winter.  (We need the water!)

Tomorrow we’ll be doing brats, corn on the cob and beer on the patio.  Back to our Wisconsin roots for the official end of Summer.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We don't ever get enough snow around here for a snow blower, and that's a good thing.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
After a couple of years that looked like the below, we bought one,  Since then we really haven’t needed it!
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
By the way, this what it looked like out the front window.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com