Author Topic: October Has Entered The Buildin'!  (Read 288900 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
October Has Entered The Buildin'!
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »
Slim, yer up....
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: October Has Entered The Buildin'!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:33:34 PM »
Bro. Sleep and I will one year older this month. One more year till SS.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »
COFFEE'S READY!
Got Bailey's and Bushmill's fer sweeteners!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:31:48 AM »

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:37:21 AM »
Thanks for tha Cawfee Cuzzin'  ;D

Got here to MDS jist fine, I deliver all messages.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 05:54:27 AM »
COFFEE'S READY!
Got Bailey's and Bushmill's fer sweeteners!  ;D
I'll have a cup of Bailey's with a splash of Coffee to warm it up. ;D

My dad started working at LaBarron foundry when he was 16.  For a brief time in the 80's he worked for a different company, but came back to LaBarron after only 5 years or so.  The business was strong and sold man hole covers and catch basins all over the US of A.  Enter the son.  He did not want to run the business as his dad did.  He chose to run it into the ground.  My father was informed yesterday that what is left of the company has been sold and LaBarron Foundry will no longer exist on Oct. 31st.  This info come to him on the same day that my parents put their house up for sale.  They've been planning for months to move to TN.  So now my prayer is that God will provide a buyer in the next 30 days and my folks can move before $$ gets tight.  It's gonna be sad seeing the old homestead go, but it fiscally impossible for me to buy it at this time.  Oh yeah, me wife don't want it and I've grown kind of attached to her so living in seperate homes is not an option. ;D 

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 06:52:10 AM »
Thanks fer the Coffee

50 here this fine morning, just starting to get light,  Dale,  my cousin is over in the woods watching for that first deer to come wandering along.   guess we'll see here in a coupla hours if we're gonna have meat with our taters tonight.  ;D

Stoney, even if you don't ever own the old home place, I'm sure you got some good memories of it that will stay with you the rest of your life.  over where I grew up, is nothing but sod farms now, nothing looks like it used to, but when I sit back and think I can always remember the way it was when I was a kid and out running all the fields and woods.
 it's a whole lot better sometimes just to be able to remember how it was.

TLD,  hope ya have a good trip and get to enjoy all the company & food your gonna have  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:56:46 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tom. I'll be needing it today. Up too late and too early.

Slim, yer up....
I was still working on the co-workers PC. But I'm done.  ;D

Tomorrow is my first day as a retiree. I'm headin' up tp Nebraska for the GAF Muster, to meet the fellows and to sample Del's cookin. I'm gonna stay over an extra day to visit the Fort Western Store in Lincoln. This is my vacation and I'm not on a schedule anymore. I'm gonna have fun and enjoy myself, I think I've earned it.
Congrats, pard. Have fun and be safe. I sure wish I was going also.

I'll have a cup of Bailey's with a splash of Coffee to warm it up. ;D

My dad started working at LaBarron foundry when he was 16.  For a brief time in the 80's he worked for a different company, but came back to LaBarron after only 5 years or so.  The business was strong and sold man hole covers and catch basins all over the US of A.  Enter the son.  He did not want to run the business as his dad did.  He chose to run it into the ground.  My father was informed yesterday that what is left of the company has been sold and LaBarron Foundry will no longer exist on Oct. 31st.  This info come to him on the same day that my parents put their house up for sale.  They've been planning for months to move to TN.  So now my prayer is that God will provide a buyer in the next 30 days and my folks can move before $$ gets tight.  It's gonna be sad seeing the old homestead go, but it fiscally impossible for me to buy it at this time.  Oh yeah, me wife don't want it and I've grown kind of attached to her so living in seperate homes is not an option. ;D 
TN! :o Do they have family down there?

'Tis 41 and partly cloudy. High of 57. Feeling like Autumn.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 07:08:23 AM »
G’mornin’, ever’ person!

63/93%. Rained o’ernight ‘n looks like it now. IhopeIhopeIhopeIhope…….

Couldn’t be huntin’ in what’s left of the woods out back. Somebody found a dead body in there yesterday. Thinkin’ humans ain’t in season.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:10:31 AM »
Rainin in Downtown Norfolk right now Cuzzin.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »
How’s ‘bout givin’ it directions ta duh beach? Straight east down I264’d be fine.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 07:39:23 AM »
Security and perimeter checks have been done here, MSgt Killer reports, all is well!

The past few weeks are warin' on me. I need to get some time to get a roof put over the "Cave" and hit the range.

The Coffee is mighty good.....Thank you LIT....Y'll be safe today.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »
Tex, I would like to know what you think of the Rock Island.....When you meet up with Del's Roach coach cook wagon decline on drinking from his bottle. ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:03:09 AM »
Mornin' Fellas,

Thanks for the Coffee LIT.

Have fun TLD!

Today my other half and I celebrate our 20th Anniversary.  ;D

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 09:18:08 AM »
Mornin Y'all, Congratulations Miz Scarlet on 20 years, Yer 1 year behind me  ;D TLD Enjoy yer retirement, You surely do deserve it. Tha rest of Ya have a good day, I'm gunna goof off today an do nuthin  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 09:56:28 AM »
Miss Scarlett, congratulations to you and your other half, 

63 now, a little north breeze, keeps the humidity down, feels good

guess we'll go down and see if we can set up another house of rings.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 10:03:48 AM »
Mornin' thanks for the coffee, Tom.

Mornin' pards. Sunny this morning. I have to do a few errands later. I'll probably do it on my bike.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »
Well, It's retiremnt Day 1 and I'm gettin' ready to leave for Neb. I'm takin' my LapTop with and I plan on checkin' in tonight at the motel. LR, I've shot a 1911 a lot, not lately. It seems to be well made and I'm gonna shoot Wild Bunch with it. I'll let you know how it shoots.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »

TN! :o Do they have family down there?

Slim
Middle sister and BIL moved there 2 years ago.  Big sister and my parents fell in love with it when they visited and both had plans to relocate.  Mom and Dad have been gettin' the house ready for sale for the last several weeks.  I'm convinced it will only be a matter of time before baby sister joins them.

I'm looking at Ringold GA in approx 10 or 12 years, but lets face it, plans that go much beyond this weekend are subject to change without notice.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »
Hey All.

First off, congrats Scarlet!  The Man would be a fool ta let ya go an apparently he knows it.

Tex, I wish I was goin too.  Del's food looks somethin good.  I hope your recent affliction won't set ya back any on yer vacation.  If ya get close ta him, have him give me a call, it'd be nice ta hear yer voice :D

Stoney, Tenn is a beautiful state.  I can see the draw ta move on there.  When I was a kid, we moved every two years or so cause of my Dad's job so I couldn't know how it must feel to see "the homestead" be sold.  We'll pray that a buyer comes along.

I'm on the Major's plan taday ;D  Prolly just go an wrench on ma buddy's old truck (in other words BS and drink beer ;) )
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
well we got the rings made so we're ready to start letting the equipment down to the ground,  you can usually finish up in  a day from this point or if ya got time just take a coupla hours fer a coupla days.

Tex, sounds like yer ready to have a good time. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com