Author Topic: My faith in good American people has been RENEWED  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My faith in good American people has been RENEWED
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
This may bore some of you death, I hope it doesn't. If anyone of you folks have kept up with me, you will know some of this story!! If you don't , here it is, I am 52 years old, worked hard manual labor jobs most my like. In 2002 I got hurt on the job, I tore L3,L4,L5 disc in my low back, I worked up untill Dec 18 2006, I have played with working on guns all my adult life, I have reloaded for over 30 years, big game hunted in west here at home and in the yukon. Since Dec.2006 I have spent most of that time in bed! When the weather warms up, I will be able to get out in my shop and tinker, as long as I am sitting, and some times, I cannot sit to long. A few months ago on some of the forums, i posted that I bought old broken guns, mainly SXS, I was sold a couple, and to my belief I was given a couple!! Here where I live, greed is the only thing that is on 98% of the peoples mind, allways wanting to out do the next guy!! I hate greed >:( >:(
  I couldn't believe out of the blue, 2 people sent me free parts guns, and other free stuff to help me get everthing I needed for CAS! You can only do so much work on guns in my wife's house (if you know what I mean) they are shop projects!! Last year I started selling off stuff that I wasn't able to use anymore, and started buying my CAS guns, I had went and watched a shoot in sept. last year and it looked fun, and laid back! So I got to thinking, there wasn't a lot of standing involved in this sport! Winter set in and my (jail sel) bedroom was closeing in on me, allways thought i would like leather work, so I got on the leaTHER BOARD HERE and found out the same as i have on some of the other forums, SUPER NICE FOLKS :) :) So I would ask a question and couldn't believe it, I would get answers and a lot of help! No matter what the dumbest question I would ask I would get a solid answer instead a hard time like on some other forums.
 I have bought me a few tools, and some scrap leather and away I went, If I needed help, I got a lot of help, and let me tell you that means a lot when you are lying in bed and there isn't anyone else to talk to!
  The other day, i got a email from a person that I talked to on another forum, and it was a forum that I didn't use a handle.
The guy ask me if Ace Lungger was me, and I said yes! He told me, that a friend had brung him over some leather scraps and that he would never ever use it up, and wanted to know if I wanted some, and i said YUP!! :o I sent him my name and addy and told him to let me know how much shipping was and I would send him the money! He emailed me back, and told me he didn't want any money for shipping. Now that is what I call living right!!
  Today when the UPS truck pulled up and unloaded the box of leather I was  :o :o :o :o I couldn't believe what was in there, the box was 44lbs!!!!!!!!! Even though my back is killing me, I AM LIVING RIGHT! It won't belong before I will haave more goodies to show you all!!
 I HAVE NEVER FOUND A NICER GROUP OF PEOPLE IN MY LIFE AS THE CAS FOLKS!!! So for the last 10 years I thought it was all over, but you folks have saved me from GLOOM AND DOOM, there are still people like myself, I will help anyone I can, if I can, and for the last 10 years I have not seen that!

But now I have a new family and friends!!
God bless each and every one of you, you folks are helping me in my biggest time of need , and I will never be able to re pay you folks!
I thank you so much for letting me into your family
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: My faith in good American people has been RENEWED
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:26:49 PM »
Ace, we have bad people in CAS.  We just keep 'em locked in the basement.  Even my "little" brother Trinity isn't bad folks, just weird;D

If you need a straight answer on any subject, call on me first and I'll get all the BS out of the way right up front so you can get on to the real issues.   ::)

Seriously (REALLY!) I can't imagine a better bunch of people anywhere.....and not just "American people", either.  We got 'em from everywhere!

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:01:39 PM »
Hey, big brother, I'm tellin' Ma!!  She told you not to ever call me weird again. >:(

Ace, there are indeed great people among us.  I too lose hope in human kind while in the "real world".  I have daily contact with just the "how can I screw 'em today" type of folks that you described.  It is nice to be able to come in here and see that not all is lost. :)

I've even gotten a chance to meet and shoot with a few of them. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:05:37 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com