Author Topic: Boot Fix  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 273
Boot Fix
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:30:23 AM »
Last Saturday I shot my first match of the season. After the match my feet were killing me and I was actually limping a bit. My Boots are in their eighth season so I pulled out the cheap foam inserts which were in the boots from almost day one. The inserts were full of holes and lumpy. No wonder my feet hurt. I went to our local Wal-Mart and bought a pair of Dr. Scholl's Gel Insoles for under ten bucks. These Inserts fit size 8 to 13 sizes and you just trim them to suit. What an improvement! It's like walking on air.

I also gave my Boots their semi-annual treatment of Skidmore's Leather Crème.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Boot Fix
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
Yeah, stuff wears out. I wear my boots very often and need some more right now. It would be nice if someone gave me a pair  ;D, size 13 E.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:19:15 AM »
Johnny, It sounds like I need to try a pair of those in my shoes and another pair in my boots.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:40:32 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com