Author Topic: Can anyone Tell Me What happened to the Pittsburg  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Can anyone Tell Me What happened to the Pittsburg
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:08:54 PM »
I was just wondering what happened to the Pittsburg Club? I was hopeing that maybe someone could give me some names to contact that was in there club? A friend of mind and I are going to put up one course to practice, but he isn't into the Dress Up thing, he just wants to shoot. It looks like maybe the Neodsha club is the least distance for me to drive.
 I went and watched at Cassville once, but I didn't have the right guns, ect. The guys and gals at Cassville where having a great time, and made me feel welcome and offered to let me use there guns, but i don't feel good doing that. My problem with Cassville is that my old Dodge used $50.00 in fuel, that kinda takes the fun out of it!!
I just want to shoot and have fun.
Happy Shooting
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Can anyone Tell Me What happened to the Pittsburg
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »
Hi Ace!  The Pittsburg club closed 2 or 3 years ago when they lost the land to in-coming family members.  There is the club in Neodosha that you mentioned.  There is a club at Parker and NCOWS that shoots in Garnett as well.  Both are great!  I expect that Neodesha is great as well but I've yet to have the pleasure of shooting there.
A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »
Guns Garrett would be the one to ask on this one.. They shoot there and it will be the place that I will start shooting this spring.
I'm looking forward to it...as it is small and very laid back and that is just what I need right now..  :)
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:18:43 PM »

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:12:14 PM »
Ace, et al:

I thought I posted a reply to this a couple weeks ago, but it looks like it was "lost in the aether".  I'll try again....

Yeah, Pittsburg (Stateline Ridgerunners) closed up shop a few years ago, and the majority of the members moved on up to Parker.  A couple fellers shoot at both Parker and Neodesha.  The club at Neodesha (Verdigris Valley Renegades) is not an "official" SASS-affiliated club, but we do go by SASS rules.  It's pretty informal, and small (6-10 shooters per match) but we have fun shooting and sociallizing.  We don't shoot during the winter, so you'll have to wait till mid-late April before we start up again.  I have a post or two on this "Kansas" forum which has a few more details about the club and its location ("S.E. Kansas Club").

(Marshal'ette: I sent you a response to your PM)
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com