Author Topic: locking up  (Read 2563 times)

Offline turnin fool

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
locking up
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:10:39 PM »
I need some help.  Took my Schofield out to a match Sunday and on the second stage it locked up in half cock.  On the next stage I got off the first shot and it stuck came free and at full cock the cylinder was not locking up.  I kept working with it and got all five to fire.  Then I fixed the problem, I put it up and got out the Ruger. 
I was not riding the trigger learned about that the hard way.  Any suggestions???  Also need the name of a good Schofield gunsmith, I love the gun and intend to get more of them but I don't want any more 120 second stages.  Plans are to take it apart and give it a good cleaning and lub and see how it does this weekin.
All suggestions welcome!!!
Dave

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: locking up
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »
As Joss said, it could be alot of things.  If it has worked fine it the past it could be something as simple as high primers.  I have learned the hard way to always spin the cylinder after loading the 5 rounds to be sure it doesn't hang up on a high primer.  I use the rounds that have the high primers in my rifle as it doesn't care.

If you have more than one and you take them a part at the same time make sure you do NOT put the wrong cylinder in the wrong pistol.  I did and now that pistol is prone to having problems cycling from time to time.  I haven't gotten around to trying to fix it yet, only been a year now.  :( :(

SR
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com