Author Topic: My semi-auto choice? 1911  (Read 14782 times)

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My semi-auto choice? 1911
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54:08 AM »
I'm a 1911 fan from way back.  For some reason that completely evades me, I've always preferred the Combat Commander over the Government.  Here's the one I have now.  Since the pic was taken I've added a beavertail grip safety.  My next "improvement" will be a fiber-optic front sight (older eyes need a touch more help than they're presently getting).

Offline Jamie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »
While aesthetics are really a foolish consideration in a carry pistol, I have to confess that the 1911's, especially in stock form, are to me the ultimate automatics, though there are several guns I have shot far far better.  My dad's old 1927 made Colt is beautiful.  That's all there is to it.  To my eyes, Glocks are almost too ugly to be believed (yet everything I pointed a friends small 10mm at, I couldn't help but hit, shoot fast, shoot slow - it was all the same.  What a gun :o :o :o but dang, is it ugly! ::)  And I can't say that I find the two Sig 9mm's I shot too attractive if I was being honest, aside from the attraction that the bullets they fired seemed to have for the targets that they were aimed at.  But no, it's the 1911 for me.  Of course aesthetics are the real reason I have 5 Colt cap and ball revolvers and only one Remington, though I shoot the Remington far better.  The 1860 is the single most pleasing handgun ever created, much in the same way that the 1874 Sharps is the ultimate in long gun beauty.  Yeah, I'm not too smart, but I do know what I like.  The only place I really won the whole ball game is with my wife - beautiful and a keeper in every way - she cooks well, she has a good head on her shoulders, and the Lord knows she puts up with me! ::)Anyway, FWIW
Jamie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com