Author Topic: Hubris  (Read 76381 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hubris
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2005, 08:00:33 PM »
Yeah, but she really ain't fussy.  She'll drink it out of an ol' boot, too, if that's all there is.

She does like that boot.  She won't admit it, but I think it's the rush of alcohol when she tilts the boot up.  Kinda like a bong. ;D ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2005, 08:05:09 PM »
The old bat is drinkin' out of a bong now?

Thought I'd heard everything.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2005, 08:27:38 PM »
Oooooooooooooooooh, I'm tellin' Ma what you called her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 12:49:11 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »
Marshal, did sheep flatten my wife's tire? Had a bolt in it. Ended up changing it in freezing rain tonight. Some experience that was.......Buck 8) :-[ :-X :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Dai.S.Loe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2005, 10:28:40 PM »
Gentlemen I am shocked and appalled by you all.

The original subject of this thread was the dire injury caused by very hot brass, to our dear friend Annie Lee.

Did no one remember their basic first aid and administer copious ammounts of very cold water to tha affected area thereby drawing the heat away from the wound.

I have seen demonstrations of this method of treatment and have been impressed by its immediate effect upon the sensitive areas.

Admittedly most of these demonstrations have been in public houses and involved a number of willing participants and attire that can only be described as "basic" but I am sure that the principle remains the same as does the outcome.

Miss Annie Lee, I do applogise for these miscreants lack of knowledge. I for one would have administered the correct aid for such a wound. I am sure I could have procured a fire bucket to enable me to perform this duty to the satisfaction of all who would care to be enlightened by the judicious use of knowledge.

Dai.
The "Darkside" means never having to see the targets you miss.

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »
Marshal, did sheep flatten my wife's tire? Had a bolt in it. Ended up changing it in freezing rain tonight. Some experience that was.......Buck 8) :-[ :-X :-\

Naw, don't think so---not Sheeps style:  He don't pick on women--He ain't gay.  He just don't like people who try to eat Him. Ifin He'd dunit there would be a crator where the wagon used ta be. :o

Ah don't think He's got anything gainst you.  Ah admit He gota temmper, but not without reason. :(

Had lots of flat tyres with the Jeep, You name it, it's probably been broke.

Sorry bout Yer prediciment.

SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2005, 05:32:47 AM »

Miss Annie Lee, I do applogise for these miscreants lack of knowledge. I for one would have administered the correct aid for such a wound. I am sure I could have procured a fire bucket to enable me to perform this duty to the satisfaction of all who would care to be enlightened by the judicious use of knowledge.

Dai.

Dai!!!  :o :o :o

Shame on you!! Wickedness under the guise of thoughtfulness and compassion!

I'd be hitting you with my hat if I wasn't laughing so hard!!  Are you related to Forty Rod and Trinity?

:D

AnnieLee, grateful her corsets have over three layers of fabric

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Dai.S.Loe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2005, 07:14:21 AM »
Dai!!!  :o :o :o

Shame on you!! Wickedness under the guise of thoughtfulness and compassion!

I'd be hitting you with my hat if I wasn't laughing so hard!!  Are you related to Forty Rod and Trinity?

AnnieLee, grateful her corsets have over three layers of fabric

Annie Lee,

A new world first. I think this is the first time I have ever been associated with the words thoughtfulness and compassion let alone in the same sentence. I have, in the past, been liked on numerous occasions to a "bull in a china shop".

I can only assume that my usual shyness and awkwardness with the written word ,in respect to addressing members of the opposite gender, were overcome by the genuine anquish and pain that the afore mentioned incident caused you. It was further reinforced by the rather severe lack of basic knowledge of the principles of first aid shown by those persons paricipating on that particular detail with you.

It may also have something to do with my little pecadillo , I find women facinating. It may be a streak of wickedness in me as you so surely allude to, but after 49 years of attempting to walk this fine planet of ours, give or take the occasional moment when grape or grain denied me the ability to walk upright, I find I still do enjoy a wet T shirt competition.

If I have brought joy, laughter and mirth to your life I feel doubly honoured as this is my lifes goal. To make people smile.

Laugh with me, laugh at me, laugh because of me, I do not mind any way as long as you are laughing..

Merry Christmas, and my present to you is the gift of laughter, so let rip and have a wonderful life.

Chris  aka. Dai.S.Loe

I hope I dont sound like a pompous ars3h0l3.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2005, 09:23:41 AM »
Dai,
Glad to see ya join the Bozos on the Bus.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2005, 09:39:37 AM »
Dai is an eloquent sweet talker who makes me laugh, Cousin Slim, can we keep him, can we can we please??

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2005, 09:45:01 AM »
Glad you're aboard, Cousin Dai.

Now you can help watch out for Trinity and take some of the heat off of both of us.

(Pssst!  Some of these people are nuts.  They don't know how to laugh.  Take that Del person for example.  He never sees the humor in anything.)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2005, 09:52:19 AM »
Dai is an eloquent sweet talker who makes me laugh, Cousin Slim, can we keep him, can we can we please??

AnnieLee
If he's house-trained.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Dai.S.Loe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2005, 05:20:08 PM »
If he's house-trained.  ;D

Slim

According to my mother in law I can never be house trained as I am just a "colonial". She tolerates me because of the fact that I am married to her daughter.

Annie Lee, as to  being related to Forty Rod or Trinity I could not say to the affirmative but my dear old granddaddy was a merchant navy man and wandered the world for many a year. Do they origonate from coastal areas?

I think I inherited my love of women from him as here in NZ I have 14 "known" uncles and aunties.

An elequant speaker, on occasions. Raised in the military, joined the military (twice), the phrase "swear like a trooper" could have been coined for me.

A love of literature, especially the classics, has given me a vocabulary that sometimes I find the opportunity to employ.

Being able to talk the "hind legs off a donkey" is I think an inherited attribute.

My family is , on both sides, from the Emerald Isle. I think that some time in the past one of my ancestors didnt just kiss the Blarney Stone. I definitely think that when the time came that person opened wide, bit a chunk off and swallowed it whole.

I thank you all for the kind words.

Dai.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
Dai, I just read that 2wice, ther's some pretty fancy werds in there. I am still not sure ifn' yous house broke, but WELCOME
Mathew 5.9

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2005, 08:24:11 PM »
Dai, we're third cousins twice removed (and many times just plain thrown out) on both sides.

Grandpa was a travellin' man an' grandma was a sportin' woman, so me an' Trinity are related to dang near everybody...one way or another.  Couldn't find any Eskimos or Texans, an' only one Chinese guy, but sure a bunch of others.

Not all are as nice as me an' Trinity, though.

Cousins Idi, Che, an' Benito gave us all a bad name, so we disowned 'em.

We'd love to have you come for a visit.  Bring food an' money.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2005, 11:44:13 PM »
But some of us ain' as elow-quent.  However, where we lack the vo-cabulary, we excel in bodily sounds. ;D

Offline Dai.S.Loe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2005, 04:55:16 AM »
Dai, we're third cousins twice removed (and many times just plain thrown out) on both sides.

Grandpa was a travellin' man an' grandma was a sportin' woman, so me an' Trinity are related to dang near everybody...one way or another.  Couldn't find any Eskimos or Texans, an' only one Chinese guy, but sure a bunch of others.

Not all are as nice as me an' Trinity, though.

Cousins Idi, Che, an' Benito gave us all a bad name, so we disowned 'em.

We'd love to have you come for a visit.  Bring food an' money.

So now you have found the missing Kiwi member of the family.

Before entering into discussion with you all I read this thread from start to finish and I must say that it was a delight.

There reverance and fear you honour our dear lady friend Annie Lee with is an inspiration.

I take it she is a wizz with the skillet and judging by the hushed tones you speak of it, she has proven her dexterity on numerous occasions.

You must bear with me for the time being. I have only really started posting recently though I have lurked in the shadows for a while.

I need to get in syncronization with the thread. I have this wonderful habit of jumping in with both feet and ending up offending someone.

We here in NZ have a very different sense of homour than you my new found cousins. Sarcasm is am art form here, we love nothing better than taking the p@ss out of someone that in all reality were care about. I jumped in at the deep end on TFS before the crash and finished up distressing another person. Unintentional and therefore distressing to myself also. I hope I rectified the mater to that persons satisfaction when i publically appologised.

Now to give you some ammo with which to found your future p@ss taking of me. I'm 49, going very bald, have a funny Welsh accent, shoot like there is no tomorrow, love the Dark Side, weigh about 180lbs and reach 5'10" tall (bet you didnt know that it could be stacked that high, the bull**it that is).

Goodness this is too serious. The sun is definitely over the yard arm so I deserve a shot or two of the Grouse.

I'll be watching and jumping in occasionally.

Dai.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2005, 11:27:30 AM »
Hey, Dai, now that you're aboard does it mean we get free shoe polish?

(Howz THAT for sarcastic?)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2005, 05:05:59 PM »
Hey, Litl Rooster!

Mighty nice ta meet ya taday.  My honor, sir.

((Sorry ta jump inta the middle of the bull, boys.  I'll crawl back in my jug now...))
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Dai.S.Loe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2005, 05:33:27 PM »
Hey, Dai, now that you're aboard does it mean we get free shoe polish?

(Howz THAT for sarcastic?)

Nice one, now all I need are the sheep jokes to start and I will feel right at home.

Dai

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com