Author Topic: Hope Everbody is Safe over there  (Read 35115 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Hope Everbody is Safe over there
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
Food Lion is based in Carolina. Texas Pete is made in Carolina. Close as I am we’ve had Texas Pete longer’n we’ve had Food Lion.

Think we have Cheerwine.

I've had Texas Pete before, good stuff, I just use more of it. :)

Need to make some of mine again, need to go pepper shopping, buy every type of dried red, orange I can find, grind it and mis in in cider vinggar and cannin' salt for a while, maybe two weeks addin vingar as it soaks up.  when it has sat for a month or so I give it a whirl in the blender.  Different each time, can have quite a bite, but not a one pepper type bite.  Comes out about as thick as runny applesauce.

Stuff I had in 2005 at the muster was hot, had Tabasco for the mornin' eggs also, told them if they didn't like real hot to use it instead, a few took it as a challage and ended up red faced over it. :)

Slim will remember the stuff, I think he liked it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »
What the Mexicans up here (the ones that don't hable englase) have ta have on every bite of food is called Lupita. 
Used ta sweep job sites up at the end of the day and always found empty bottles of the stuff layin around.  Bein a Tabasco man it took me awhile ta try it fer maself.  It's good pepper sauce.  Still pick up a bottle every now and then.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »
Ain’t bad mouthin’ Cheerwine. Just never had it is all.

Had a bottle of vodka no one wanted. Always have V-8 here so I decided I’d make me an 8 Ball. Recipe said three dashes of Tabasco. Didn’t have any. Had plenty of Texas Pete so I put 6 dashes in it. Then I thought it might need a couple more so I splashed in a l’il more. Stuck my celery stalk in. Straw. Come up here ta the HEY!-Loft ‘n had a seat. Took a long draw ‘n come right up outtah it.

Eggs is like steak. I gottah put sumthin’ on ‘em other’n salt ‘n pepper, they ain’t werth eatin’
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 01:11:19 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »
I've geen eatin' more vegetables these days and grillin' a lot them also.

I liked grilled veggies too.....Corn on the cob Carribian style has been my new favorite. Zuccinia's- Onions whatever might be available fresh.    Like Arcey we had to eat what was served us, You will never see a Lima bean purchased or brought into a place I occupy, I won't eat Potato soup either.   Montana won't do green peppers or onions, same reason
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »
Difference in folks. I’ll eat limas ‘til I can’t move. Don’t remember potato soup. Prolly n’er had it. She eats zucchini ‘n brings it home regular along with squash. Tried to slip it in on me many times. Ain’t werked yet. At least that stuff doesn’t stink.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
Difference in folks. I’ll eat limas ‘til I can’t move. Don’t remember potato soup. Prolly n’er had it. She eats zucchini ‘n brings it home regular along with squash. Tried to slip it in on me many times. Ain’t werked yet. At least that stuff doesn’t stink.

Love lima beans, Arcey, tater soup is just Clam Chowder with out the clams. ;D

Me I like meat in my tater soup, favorite in it is rabbit, guess that just makes it Rabbit Chowder.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2008, 05:24:32 PM »
Had a cup of clam chowder Thursday evenin’. That, I like the heck out of. Just can’t eat much. Sours my tummy. Guess it’s the dairy in it.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
There ya go again Del, ya got me houngry. You boys can keep them lima beans unless ya put some ham in there, then I'll eat the ham.  Moose loves split pea soup. I just can't stand that green slimy stuff.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »
Looks as if everybody we know in the Tejas coast area survived - we hope.  Last we heard from the kids in Katy, on the western edge of the Houstom metro area, they were still ok, only some heavier-than-usual wind and rain, but power was still on; that was about 2100 Friday; no word since.  They had not had a mandatory evac order, so just hunkered down to wait it out.  Looks like Houston got whacked pretty hard, though.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I was chuckling to myself about this here thread: leave it to us to diverge from hope everybody is ok to grilled vegies and hot sauce.   ::) ::) ;D  Had a kid of "south-of-the-border" extraction working for me one time; he was single and in his early twenties, so didn't expend much effort on culinary niceties; food was food, no frills needed or wanted.  He got a half hour for lunch, and I always cut my guys a little slack, so, close to 1130, he'd take off for town, a few miles away, sotp at the liquor store and get a six of Coke, and a bottle of Tabasco, swing by one of the three burger joints and get a half dozen of their cheap burgers, and come back and sit outside my office and chow down.  He'd open a Coke, unwrap one of the burgers, dump Tabasco on it 'til it drizzled off the side, slap the bun back on and down it in three or four bites, drain the Coke, and do the same drill all over again.  He seldom took more than his (allowed) lunch period, usually done and ready to hit it again in about thirty or forty minutes.  And, he was skinny as a rail, and so full of energy that he made me tired; and I could work most people into exhaustion at theat time of my life.   ;) :o :o ;D

Me, I too am a purist when it comes to meats and eggs; salt and pepper is the best "go with" stuff.  I do put some salsa picante on eggs sometimes, but not as a regular practice.

Think I'll go try to catch up on some other threads.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
Don't ya see EP, this turned into a survival thread when ya get through the storm,  just fire up your grill and cook what ya got.   ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2008, 05:46:23 PM »
Lima beans (called "butter beans" here) tater soup, veggies (most I kin deal with) all are fine.

Jist put enny pork or calf liver in tha trash with tha mutton ......... cooked spinach, brussel sprouts an' rootybagas don't get inside our house neither.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
We's killin Tex with the hunger pangs!  Better stop.  But I do wanna know 'bout this Carribean style corn.  Sounds like it's gotta be good.
     Love the chowder, clam, tater, whatever ya can shove in there.  Can never 'member which is the name fer the good kind, Boston er Manhatten.  I'm guessin the Boston is the good one, the other one aint good at all.  Big bowl a fish juice :-X

Good ta see ya Hairy.  Don't know where them guys gets their enrgy from, maybe it's the sauce ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2008, 06:04:07 PM »
Bro. Sleep I will have to agree on the liver and the mutton.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »
After the storms are over, we need to feel warm and fuzzy. What better way to feel and fuzzy than have a bunch of good food.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »
as much rain as we've had around here this summer,   I'm just trying to make sure none of that fuzzy grows tween ma toes.  :o ;D

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »
as much rain as we've had around here this summer,   I'm just trying to make sure none of that fuzzy grows tween ma toes.  :o ;D

LMAO!!!  :D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
Trench foot is not our friend.  Don't need nunna that.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2008, 10:07:39 PM »
I remember they kept tellin us that when I was in Basic Training.   dry socks, dry socks, dry socks,   ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2008, 05:14:13 AM »
Don't use you socks to filter the coffee!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2008, 06:32:55 AM »
Lima beans (called "butter beans" here) tater soup, veggies (most I kin deal with) all are fine.

Jist put enny pork or calf liver in tha trash with tha mutton ......... cooked spinach, brussel sprouts an' rootybagas don't get inside our house neither.

This 'n'  got me to think'n' bout Okra...
I like it the only way my Grandfather liked it
Dip it in egg ,rolled in cornmeal & Flour ..and thrown the hell out  >:(

when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com