Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1820160 times)

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #1460 on: February 11, 2005, 07:00:31 PM »
While Delmonico is downstairs, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother gives a sniff to the air, then creeps into the kitchen. Making sure the coast is clear, she feeds the green peppers to Duke, takes the pan off the fire and dashes back to her rocker.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1461 on: February 11, 2005, 07:44:26 PM »
Knowing what hppened to his peppers don't bother Delmonico cause he often leaves them out, he pounds the steak, flours it and browns it.  It is put in a deep irun skillet with a lid. 

The onions and carrots are peeled and chopped and put over the browned meat.  A pinch of tyme and salt and pepper are added before the ta'maters are poured over top.  It is then put in a medium oven to cook for a couple of hours. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1462 on: February 11, 2005, 07:53:24 PM »
Trinity comes in the back door into the empty kitchen and his mouth starts to water at the smell of the beef cooking.  When he glances over at Duke eating the peppers, he turns up his nose and mumbles something about peppers being only fit for animals before taking his jug and out to the front porch where he finds the FFG.  

"Evenin' miss FFG.  A might chilly tonight, huh?  Mind if Ah set out here with ya?  Ah ain' seen no one else, where is ever'body tonight?"

She notices his charred clothing and hair but decides not to say anything about it.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #1463 on: Today at 05:03:07 PM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1463 on: February 11, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »
Her knitting needles clack together softly.

"Please join me, Trinity, I always enjoy your company. Smells like Delmonico is cooking another excellent meal." She grins a little as Duke belches his agreement.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1464 on: February 11, 2005, 08:35:42 PM »
Her knitting needles clack together softly.

"Please join me, Trinity, I always enjoy your company. Smells like Delmonico is cooking another excellent meal." She grins a little as Duke belches his agreement.

"Ah'd feel like that if Ah'd have eaten that stuff.  Ah do feel sorry fer ya Duke"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumbl-owl!

The FFG flashes an angry stare at Duke.

"Oh, no maam.  Don't be cross at Duke, that was mah stomach.  Delmonico's cookin' done got mah stomach a-workin'.  Whacha knittin' there Miss FFG?"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1465 on: February 11, 2005, 09:42:03 PM »
As the hummin' noise gets louder Delmonico comes out ta tha porch ta tell the FFg that supper is done.  He looks suprised at Trinity and says, "If that noise ain't you blowin' up yer still, then what is it?" ??? ??? ???

Just then the noise gets a little louder and lights flashin' from red ta green ta blue and then blue ta gren and then red and cack and forth rise up in the east.   :o :o  The noise gets highr pitched and it rise up high.  And with a loud whine it goes over the ranch house at a high rate of speed and vanishes in the west. ::) ::) ;)

Delmonico watches it go, shucks his shoulders and says, "I ain't got the slightest idea, but so what, lets eat." ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1466 on: February 11, 2005, 10:02:27 PM »
"It's a scarf, Triniteeeeeeee....." Her voice dwindles away as Delmonico steps out on the porch, then she sees the object with the flashing lights whiz by overhead.

"I don't think I just dreamed that."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1467 on: February 11, 2005, 10:28:31 PM »
"Red and green?  Well, Delmonico," Trinity chuckles "that'd be a christmas tree with flashin' lights!"

A man in a black suit runs from the woods and whispers something in Trinity's ears.

"Uh,... uh,... Ah mean if'n there wuz such a thing." ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1468 on: February 11, 2005, 10:36:05 PM »
GG drags his fancy fast shootn iron (last seen on page 4 of this thread) from the old dugout. Asks Trinity to get both them cases of ammo, and give him a hand seting it up. Then he asks Miss FFg if he can put it up in her room, that way if that thing with the flashy lights comes back we can find out if it something fit to eat. GG even offers to let miss FFg sleep in his room and he'll set up in hers, just incase.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1469 on: February 11, 2005, 10:42:01 PM »
Her eyes still wide, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother nods her agreement.

"Go ahead and use the cupola, Gophergrease, I'll sleep on the sofa downstairs. Duke will watch over me."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1470 on: February 11, 2005, 10:48:02 PM »
4,000 rounds of 50-120 will help keep us all safe.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1471 on: February 11, 2005, 10:51:59 PM »
Suddenly Slim,s horse comes runnin' up to the house with out a saddle. ::)  Delmonico looks and sees no blood.  "Someone put his horse in the barn, go ahead and finsh supper, I'm gonna take my 76 Winchester , the 50-100 and a lantern and see what happened to Slim and his saddle." :o :o :o ;)  

"I think there is fowl play a foot, most likely the chickens got him.  that might not be swamp gas, it could be chicken poop gas." ;D ;D ;D  

"if I ain't back by daylight, have breakfast with out me." ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1472 on: February 11, 2005, 11:04:29 PM »
Trinity carries the ammo for Gophergrease to the FFG's room.  "Gophergrease, just why did you want to set up in Miss FFG's room in particular?  ... you ain' makin' moves on her, are you?

Say, if Delmonico ain't back by tomorrow... what are you going to make fer breakfast?"

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1473 on: February 11, 2005, 11:16:19 PM »
I was thinkn that her room sets atop the house, with windows on all sides. That way no mater what way that thing comes from, I'll get a shot at it.

As for breakfast, maybe we'll have some waffles. just got a new Iron and like to try it. Could have some eggs and bacon with them.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1474 on: February 11, 2005, 11:22:28 PM »
On her way to take care of Slim's horse, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother stops to admire Gophergrease's firearm.

"Ohhhhhhh that is one nice WartHog. But please put the ammo on the floor? I didn't have time to cover up the bed."

And then she is off, leading Slim's horse away.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1475 on: February 11, 2005, 11:36:22 PM »
i'll cover your bed and other things. this criter has a habit of spiting emptys every place.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1476 on: February 12, 2005, 12:10:45 AM »
Delmonico comes back, "I followed Slim's tracks about 5 miles east of here, they ended in a little valley about a mile beyond the gully where you hid yer still Trinity.  ;D What I found was horrible, Slim's saddle had been mutilated, it was weird, the tree was removed through a little hole. ::)

Any way there was 4 big round circles about 6 foot in diameter where the grass was smashed down.  The rest of the grass was slightly scorched and there was a faint glow.  There was no sign of Slim, but I did find my extra jar of Vasoline, it was empty. :o :o :o :D ;D :D ;)

I remember now, the last time I was in North Platte, I was getting groceries and was waitin' at that new-fangled cash registar and I was readin' a paper there on a rack while I was in line. ::) ;)  It was full of weird things, but I remember it had a story about somethin' like this happenin' some where down in New Mexico.  ::) ;D :D ;)  Should have bought it, we might have a better ideal what happened to Slim, that empty jar of Vasoline worries me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Oh one other thing, it smelled slightly of fried eggs. ::) ::) ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1477 on: February 12, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »
Hey, if you got the new waffle iron go ahead and make waffles, hollor at me and I'll make the eggs and I got some of my country sausage in the icebox, just like that stuff we ate the day I drowned (almost) in my soogun.   ::) ::)  I got some of that elderberry syrup in the cellar yet.  We still have some of that good Wissconsion butter that Slim brings us, but if he's gettin' probed he might not bring us any for a while. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway what ever it is most likey will be happy with 1 speciman to study.   ;D ;D  Wonder if they are keepin' him in a giant Mason Jar.  ;D ;D ;D  I hope they punch a few holes in the lid. ::) ::) ::)  Ya don't think they'd put a giant pin through him and put him on a giant piece of card board do you? :o :o

Anyway hollor when yer ready to start breakfast, dern this might be the last of the brown eggs also. ;D ;D  We're also low on cheese. :D :D :D :D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1478 on: February 12, 2005, 01:10:21 AM »
There is a small gong type sound and at the same time, Delmonico gets the strong feeling of the impact of a skillet against the back of his head. While there's no one to be seen, there is a small voice that sounds a lot like AnnieLee's: Stop that, yer scaring the Frumpy Fairy Godmother!"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1479 on: February 12, 2005, 10:18:43 AM »
Tain't my fault it's all Slim's fault, he's the one  that done got himself ab-ducted and probed. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com