Author Topic: Help a novice??  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help a novice??
« on: November 24, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »
Guys, I am not an experienced WB shooter but do have a question for those of you who are.  Is the common practice to drop the empty mag/mags to the ground on reloads?  I am close to happy with my WB holster but wonder if the current rules make improving on the mag pouch, beyond very basic, an exercise in futility?  I was thinking about a small mod to flare the pouch opening but if the mags are only to be replaced leisurely at the unloading table, why would it help???

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Help a novice??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
They don't waste anytime trying to determine where the mags fall.  Best practice is the be releasing the mag with one hand while acquiring the full one with the other hand.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »
Howdy Bob, I'm gonna say an exercise in futility. A table or prop should be avalible at each pistol postion, WB rules do not allow handing off a malfuntioned pistol, so it must be grounded. Thus there should be a table or prop to drop the empty mags on at each shooting postion. Good Luck

29. A malfunctioning firearm may not be handed off. (MSV) Only the shooter can physically
clear a malfunction firearm during the course of fire. If the shooter cannot clear the firearm
they must stage it on a suitable prop with the muzzle pointing in a safe direction

Jefro :)

ps; Heather put those pics on a file, I'll get her to send them to you this week.
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:10:55 PM »

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 08:52:30 AM »
Thanks Jefro, I guess sometimes I tend to over think some things, though I do think that, if Wild Bunch is successful, there will be some evolution.  After I come back from Georgia I show you something new I have in mind.  I do have a belt for Heather that only needs a top coat to go.  Hope all here has a great Thanksgiving today.  Robby  (Slowhand Bob)

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • New Life Church Website
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 01:58:52 AM »
Hey Robby, imagine seeing down in this neck of the woods! I've shot a dozen WB matches now, (we have two a month) using the 1911 for both rifle and pistol targets, and most guys just drop the mags on the run. We don't always have a table to drop mags, though we do have a table to ground the gun if it's not at the end of the stage.

So far I've not had any problems, and most of the time I shoot in a rock quary, and sometimes in the rain (it's Oregon!)

Good luck, JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com