Author Topic: Bacon Explosion...OMG  (Read 10448 times)

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bacon Explosion...OMG
« on: February 04, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
Well, I ran across this the other day and quite frankly it scares me!   :o

I felt arteries tighten when I just looked at the pictures.  A variation of this sinful experience uses Maple Syrup instead of the BBQ sauce.  Maybe someday I'll try this...but I don't know if I am willing to sacrifice ten years of life to satisfy, albeit temporarily, my cravings for Bacon, Sausage and BBQ/Maple Syrup.

I take no responsibility for the effects this may have on you if care to partake of this!!!!

Enjoy if you dare!

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Re: Bacon Explosion...OMG
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
It sure looks good.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 06:49:41 AM »
That recipe is only for the young at HEART!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:59:17 PM »

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 02:26:03 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH!!  My Chest!!  [THUD!]   ::) :o ::)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 04:53:07 AM »
I LOVE it!!!!

I found the same thing on YouTube the other day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR3kfP1IQHk[/youtube]
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:05:46 PM »
In the BBQ world these are also known as fatties.  Take sausage and roll it out on plastic wrap.  Add whatever you want as filler.  Roll the sausage back up and seal it then wrap in bacon or not and put them on the grill.  Preferably a grill with some good smoking wood added.

Jimmy Dean wrapped around ham, mozzarella cheese and sun dried tomatoes, Tennesee pride wrapped around mushrooms and sun dried tomoatoes.

Go ahead and ask about Atomic Buffalo Turds....Yum!!!
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
Cami
Take our hands away from the guns before we ask about Atomic Buffalo Turds!!  ::) ::) ::)   Don’t want to get shot for bein’ a bit nosy! :o ;D ;D ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
Lawdy!

I love BBQ and have frequented my share of establishments, but now I know I needn't be so single minded next time I go!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
OK, Miz Cammie, what about 'em??  Atomic Buffalo Turds, that is.  An, my guns is locked in the safe, RussT.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Modoc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Editor, Shasta Regulators State of Jefferson
    • Shasta Regulators
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:12 PM »
(On my knees ;))   Oh Please!  Miz Cammie, Please tell us about the Atomic Buffler Turds ;D
Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »
The virtue of a long life is greatly exagerrated. I should pass up a delicacy like this just so I can spend a few extra years drooling and wearing diapers in the rest home? Hell with that. Bring on the bacon.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
Ok you asked for it.

Atomic Buffalo Turds:

20-30 Large Jalapeno peppers
1 block cream cheese, room temperature
1 package thick sliced bacon
40-60 toothpicks
Small package of Little Smokies

Take the peppers, cut the off the stems and split them into halves. Now rinse out any remaining seeds from the inside of the pepper with cold water and place them on a paper towel to dry. Remeber, when coring the peppers - the amount of membrane you leave inside the pepper will determine how hot the turds are. The more membrane you leave, the hotter the turd will be.

Tip: use a small fan to blow across in front of you (not in your face) when cutting peppers. This moves the burning air and keeps you from getting all choked up.

Take your bacon and slighty brown it. You do not want to cook the bacon, but just slightly brown. This process greatly reduces the cook time of the turds and reduces the risk of overcooking to peppers. Place the bacon on a paper towel and let them cool.

Time for the cream cheese. If your cream cheese is not room temperature, it will need to be softened (15-20 seconds in the microwave) to make it a little easier to spread. Some people like to season the cream cheese with Mrs. Dash, liquid smoke or other spices/seasonings - just don't over do it. If you want to turn your buffalo turds into "atomic" buffalo turds just add some cayenne pepper in the mix. Using a buter knife, spread the cream cheese evenly onto the pepper halfs.

Place a little smokie or other choice of meat on top of the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the pepper with a piece of your sligtly browned bacon and place a toothpick all the way through to hold it all together.

Now your buffalo turds are ready for smoking. I place them in the cold smoke chamber on my soker and keep them about 150-180 for an hour or so. You can place them into your main cooking chamber at around 225-250 but only let them cook for 30-35 minutes.

http://bbqandbeer.blogspot.com/2004/12/atomic-buffalo-turds.html
I found a recipe online so i don't have to type it LOL

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »
That looks great, Cammie.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »
They are pretty tasty. ;D
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Russ McCrae

• Hat Creek Cattle Co., Front Porch Division
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 09:28:46 PM »
Ok you asked for it.

Atomic Buffalo Turds:

20-30 Large Jalapeno peppers
1 block cream cheese, room temperature
1 package thick sliced bacon
40-60 toothpicks
Small package of Little Smokies

Take the peppers, cut the off the stems and split them into halves. Now rinse out any remaining seeds from the inside of the pepper with cold water and place them on a paper towel to dry. Remeber, when coring the peppers - the amount of membrane you leave inside the pepper will determine how hot the turds are. The more membrane you leave, the hotter the turd will be.

Tip: use a small fan to blow across in front of you (not in your face) when cutting peppers. This moves the burning air and keeps you from getting all choked up.

Take your bacon and slighty brown it. You do not want to cook the bacon, but just slightly brown. This process greatly reduces the cook time of the turds and reduces the risk of overcooking to peppers. Place the bacon on a paper towel and let them cool.

Time for the cream cheese. If your cream cheese is not room temperature, it will need to be softened (15-20 seconds in the microwave) to make it a little easier to spread. Some people like to season the cream cheese with Mrs. Dash, liquid smoke or other spices/seasonings - just don't over do it. If you want to turn your buffalo turds into "atomic" buffalo turds just add some cayenne pepper in the mix. Using a buter knife, spread the cream cheese evenly onto the pepper halfs.

Place a little smokie or other choice of meat on top of the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the pepper with a piece of your sligtly browned bacon and place a toothpick all the way through to hold it all together.

Now your buffalo turds are ready for smoking. I place them in the cold smoke chamber on my soker and keep them about 150-180 for an hour or so. You can place them into your main cooking chamber at around 225-250 but only let them cook for 30-35 minutes.

http://bbqandbeer.blogspot.com/2004/12/atomic-buffalo-turds.html
I found a recipe online so i don't have to type it LOL

Heck I never thought of Lil' Smokies but we do that with dove breasts, guess I better start calling them "Thunderbirds" ;D ;D

If you took all that though and put it in that Bacon Explosion..............

SUPER ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS!!!!! :o :o :o

"What's Good For Me Ain't Necessarily Good For the Weak Minded"

"I'm an admirer of good sense wherever I find it."

SASS #93813
STORM #335

Offline Sgt Sourdough

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »
Bring on the Bacon you only live once.Those atomic buffalo turds sound delisous.

Offline Doc Cuervo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »
What the hell, Live dangeriously or don't experience life at all. ;D

Offline Messerist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
ABT are limited only by your imagination.  Check out The Smoke Ring website.  Some of those folks there have really wonderful ABT recipes.  I like Cammie's idea of pre-cooking your bacon a smidge.  I do the same but I put a little fire in my Weber with a chuck of wood and sort of pre-smoke and heat the bacon.  You can also just use raw bacon, wrap er up and cook!  Now don't get me started about seasoning the cream cheese!  That is another Pandora's box  Anything cooked with bacon has gotta be good!

Offline Doc Cuervo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »
I did it! I built one of those suckers Saturday, put it in the fridge. Sunday I stuck it in the smoker for about 3 hours. My Daughter and her friend came over and the four of us sat down and pigged out on bacon explosion, green beans & ham hocks and cheese & garlic mashed potatoes. Then, we sat around, drank beer and listened to our arteries harden. It was soooo goood. I highly recomend it.

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »
I'm with you Doc!! Live life to the fullest every now and then..  :)
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com