Author Topic: Para SASS GI Expert WB  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Para SASS GI Expert WB
« on: October 06, 2010, 07:31:09 PM »
I recently won a SASS model Para GI Expert Wild Bunch 1911 A1. ;D  I thought the readers of this board might be interested in a range report on this 1911.

First thing I did was tear it down, clean and reassemble. It is a basic series 80 design.  Trigger is excellent.   Next I took it to my gunsmith, who specializes in building custom 1911s.  After examining it, he  said he could not see any need for any tuning work, and  stated that it appeared that Para had done everything needed to make it  "combat" ready.    Well, pretty is as pretty does!  So off goes I to the range. :)

I fired a variety of loads through the pistol using the magazines provided by Para, and experienced no malfunctions of any kind.  Next I tried it using my Chip McCormick magazines, a couple of Kimber mags and even a couple of cheap GI mags.  Again I had no malfunctions.  Para recommends 250 rounds to break in the 1911, and I fired a least that many.  I continued the next day, and encountered my first failure to feed after about 50 rounds.  The offending round just would not chamber.  I checked it using my gauge, and found it was oversize.  My bad!

I next took it out on the town, and shot the NM State Championship WB match with it.  Just for grins I shot the match traditional style. ::)  I did not cover myself in glory, but the Para performed flawlessly - and I decided traditional with old slab sidesl is not my cup of tea! :D

The Para SASS WB comes ready to roll for traditional or modern class, but if used in traditional you will have to black out the white dots on the sights.  It has the SASS logo and "Wild Bunch" on the frame and it finished in a black GI type finish.  It comes in a hard case, with 2 magazines.  If your looking for a match ready 1911, you should consider the Para.

I still don't see it on the Para website, and I was told that this one is one of five shipped as of April.  Two went to Longhunter, one to me, and the others.......?

I would also like to thank Para for their support of the game!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Para SASS GI Expert WB
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:41:33 AM »
Grizz,

Great review.  Sounds like a winner.

Where is it made?

Any idea what the street price will be?

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
Grizz,

Great review.  Sounds like a winner.

Where is it made?

Any idea what the street price will be?

Pancho

Pancho, I heard it would be selling for $598.99 give or take a little

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:55:46 AM »

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
Pancho, they are made in Charlotte, NC.  I believe Para was originally in Canada, and they relocated to NC.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:03:04 AM »
Grizz that is sharpe pistol good review too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com