Author Topic: Reloading equipment  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Pappy Hayes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Reloading equipment
« on: April 17, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this. I am looking at buying reloading equipment for shotgun, revolver and rifle. What would be good to buy for a beginner?

Offline springfield

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Reloading equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »
If you plan on having the equipment for a long time, then go with a MEC 600 for the shotgun and a Dillon 550 for the rifle and handgun. Both work well, last forever and are easy to learn on, but will be sufficient for all but the most avid gunner as far as speed and quantitiy. Some do things faster but few do things better. I have 2 of both.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »
I like the 650 fr rifle and pistol over the 550 but it's really a matter of preference I think.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:23:35 PM »

Offline Hank Dodge

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »
Buy the Dillon and don't look back!  I've had a Dillon 550 for about ten years now that I use for all my pistol rounds and most of my rifle rounds as well.  I also have a RCBS "Rock-chucker" single stage press that I use for some rifle rounds.  That Dillon has been extremely trouble free.  I had a Lee progressive press prior to getting the Dillon, that thing was a piece of crap.  This Dillon 550 produces top quality ammunition with a minimum of effort.  Money well spent.

Hank

"Shoot them big guns.....you can see the holes better!!"

Offline Eight Finger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 05:42:17 PM »
Reloadin is about the most satisying activity there is with the exception of "unloading" the cases!!!

Folks are spot on about Dillon....sturdy and trouble free, either the 550 or 650 is the way to go.  Hornady LNL progrssive is good too and to me it's a toss-up as to which I prefer (I own both a 650 and a LNL).

Electric casefeeder speeds thing up considerably.  If you're migratin from a single stage reloader you'll load about ten times as much ammo with the progressive, 20 times as much with the case feeder.

MEC makes some good shotgun reloaders and the 9000G progressive will spit out the shotgun shells dang near as fast as you can pull the handle.

Dillon also makes a fine shotgun shell reloader but I ain't independently wealthy so MEC will do fine.  If you just shoot the shotgun at matches the Lee loader makes some good ammo, but it takes awhile.

Offline WyrTwister

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this. I am looking at buying reloading equipment for shotgun, revolver and rifle. What would be good to buy for a beginner?

I know nothing about shot shell reloading .  As far as rifle and hand gun , I ask , what is your budget for equipment .

How many rounds do you wish to shoot per month ?

God bless
Wyr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com