Author Topic: Innerestin Facts Bout Nebraska  (Read 57135 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Innerestin Facts Bout Nebraska
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »
No need fer a Gitmo in them times.  Heard lot's of stories over the years about attemped shennanigans on the east and left coast.  One of em had ta do with the Japs usin small helium balloons ta float bombs inta populated areas.  They ended up in the woods and some poor folks found one about 10 years later whilst out on a picnic.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »
The story about the balloons is a true one.  They had German U boats in the Gulf of Mexico near Corpus Christi and Galveston.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2009, 02:37:44 PM »
That balloon was found by the family during the war.  US knew they were sending them and kept it under wraps to prevent panic.  Inciderary bombs is what they carried, to set the Pacific Northwest forests on fire.  They should have checked local weather conditions, they sent them in the winter when it rains a lot and then decided they didn't work.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 07:44:56 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
Them boats was there early in the war, before we got enough aircraft and smaller boats out there to run'em off. That's how The Civil Air Patrol got started, they used light planes until enough military aircraft were produced and manned to make them not needed. Imagine a Taylorcraft or Beech, or Piper with a bomb strapped to the bottom of it...........Buck 8) ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2009, 06:11:02 PM »
Them boats was there early in the war, before we got enough aircraft and smaller boats out there to run'em off. That's how The Civil Air Patrol got started, they used light planes until enough military aircraft were produced and manned to make them not needed. Imagine a Taylorcraft or Beech, or Piper with a bomb strapped to the bottom of it...........Buck 8) ::) :o

I guess them enemies weren't Cub fans ;D

I admit it, that was bad.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »
Well now, that Nebraska is the only state in the Union ta have a unicameral legislature.  Guess folks er so nice over there that there ain't no reason ta argue.  Gonna keep ma eye on them.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2009, 06:47:53 AM »
Leo, It's hard to have politics and it not be partisan.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:25 AM »
Well now, that Nebraska is the only state in the Union ta have a unicameral legislature.  Guess folks er so nice over there that there ain't no reason ta argue.  Gonna keep ma eye on them.

Saves time and money that way.  This session someone introduced a bill to bring back the 2 house one  It died got laughed out of comittee.  Got a 2 term limit now too.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
I think more states otta be like Nebraska.  The Texas Senate and House are full of prima dona's and nuthin' ever gets settled.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2009, 01:09:53 PM »
The richest person in the world, Warren Buffet is from and lives in Newbrassky.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2009, 01:46:28 PM »
Del, I didn't know that about Mr. Buffet.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Actually, it’s Bill Gates right now, accordin’ ta Forbes, by some seven billion dollars.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »
I wonder if you can tell the difference when ya get up in that tax bracket.   :o ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2009, 04:19:09 PM »
Kindah doubt it. Be like the rest of us in perspective. Ya got five hunnert ‘n seventy thousand in assets ‘n I only got half a million.

Money I’ve lost in investments over the past year, I’ll never see a half million……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
It's amazing to me how I lost so much so fast
and just how long it MIGHT take to make it back....
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
Sorta like a thief in the night.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2009, 04:32:11 PM »
7,000,000,000.    Is seven stacks of $100 bills as tall as the Washington monument plus minus a Mil

Sorta like a thief in the night.

Madoff :o
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
It couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
My Dad got a nice retirement package way back when.  Half a mil in various stocks an funds.  Found a good guy ta make him a porfolio an he an my Mom lived on nothin but interest fer many years.  Now he's single, don't have all the medical bills ta worry about but took a major soakin  recently.  Hope it levels out fer him. 

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2009, 05:06:37 PM »
Leo, There's a bunch of us that took some lickins' in our 401s and 457s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com