Author Topic: litl rooster, warning!  (Read 15448 times)

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: litl rooster, warning!
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »
Couldn't find a Norfolk K9 patch.  Seems like the only one they didn't have.

Here's a couple, Leo
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 02:35:42 PM »
Those are some good lookin' patches. I've got a large patch and badge collection, but I don't think I've got any K9 patches. We had three K9 units at the Sheriff's office, 2 were assigned to the patrol division and one to the jail.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
I wore the second one shown. Don't know why they decided on the first one. That was long after me. Guess
 whoever took it over wanted to match the shape of the left arm patch.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 07:11:10 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »
Arcey, That patch has got a lot details in it and it's a nice lookin' patch too.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »
I'm sorta out of the loop on the patch collecting since I retired.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 07:50:38 AM »
Never did get into it.

Before me, someone took a sheet ah plywood ‘n cut it ta the shape of the Commonwealth. Had so many patches stuck on it the last time I saw it they overlapped ‘n that was just Virginia. It was hangin’ in the youth bureau.

I reckon the curator has it in storage now.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
I got most of mine on extradition trips out of state. I've got 2 or 3 cardboard boxes full of them.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »
I got some cool ones that came from Northrop made fer the Air Force test pilots.  My Grandfather worked there fer over 40 years an when he passed on he left me a lot of neat airplane stuff.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 06:21:28 PM »
Lep, You should mke you a display of those patches. I'm sure there probably weren't many of them made, so they should be valuable to collectors. I only collect LEO patches. The only miltary patches I've got are off my uniforms and fatigues. I've got a couple of WW2 12th AF of the Army Air Corps.(Dad's outfit).

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
I'm gonna dig through my treasure box soon an lay everything out.  This is all jet stuff that was produced after the Big One.  I have some tie tacks an cuff links too that commemerate the sucessfull execution of certain planes.  I also have some Zero Defect pins that were awarded to the guys on the line.  One of the best set of patches I have is from the Tiger II project.  I'll have ta scan em an send em along.  I've held on ta this stuff since I was in the 5th grade.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »
That's a lot neat stuff. It's good that you were able to hang on to it.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »
Dern it, I just lost a post >:(

Well the jist of it was that I have this box of stuff that has always been a priority everytime I moved.  Casings that were spit out on foriegn soil when my Dad was just a baby, his Marine issued Rosery from the late 50's, and various other things.  If the house ever catches fire, you'll see me runnin down the street in ma PJs with that boxin ma hand if nothin else.  So long as the family is safe, they get top rank.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 03:44:45 AM »
I think everyone has things like that they hold near and dear to them as their link to the past.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com