Author Topic: California CW Troops in Arizona  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
California CW Troops in Arizona
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:54:55 PM »
Was just browsing and found some nice pictures from a few years back and wanted to share them. We were doing Co. I of the 1st California Infantry (ca. 1863-4) up in the mountains outside Flagstaff Arizona. It is always great camping primitive in such a beautiful area. The only thing I regretted is that the nearest artesian well was about a kilometer away and all we had available to cache our water in was a collection of plastic jugs. Aside from that, it was a great event.

I had a pair of moccasins that I used as camp shoes and we did the entire event on period rations and live rounds. A pet hate of mine is how stupidly a lot of reenactors treat their guns because all they do is blank fire. The live fire guys always treat their gun with the respect it deserves and that has a lot to do with why I prefer their company.

Anyhow, I hope you like the pics.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: California CW Troops in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:37:12 PM »
Here here on the 'Live Fire Guys'

I was all set to join a reenactment group here in Sacramento (who shall remain nameless), when one fella, who turned out to be their 'safety officer' went to rouse a sleeping shooter by prodding the somnolent member with the pointy end of his shotgun. I don't care if the gun was unloaded, this just isn't done.  I assume that long periods of working with blanks had led to his complacency ... still this just isn't done.

I hope that I don't need to say that I never got with the group again ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com