Author Topic: George Patullo  (Read 1660 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
George Patullo
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
Hi,
On a site of Erwin E Smith photos , I kep;t coming across pictures of a George Patullo. ;isted as a writer of Western Stories .... has any one ever hear of the man or read any of his works?

http://www.cartermuseum.org/collections/smith/collection.php?asn=LC-S59-498&mcat=1
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: George Patullo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
WWE,
Go to thepulp.net, click on The Pulp Gumshoe and run a search on "George Pattullo." Be sure to use quotes and spell it that way, with 2 t's. It will bring up a bunch of pulp magazine issues containing Pattullo stories. He seems to have been a prolific pulp author  during the Golden Age of Pulp.

BTW, when I say your post I thought you were referring to E.E. "Doc" Smith, another great pulp writer.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
Hi Elderly Kid,

It could quite be E. E. 'Doc' Smith in the photos ... photography and journalism have always had a nodding relationship .... but I doubt after all this timehe could have kept it such a secret that it would not at least have mentioned it in here ....

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:44:52 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com