Author Topic: My Netflix Streaming Recommendations ....  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Hargrave

• " Prairie Smoke" Jake
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Netflix Streaming Recommendations ....
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:52 PM »
Hello all,

I wanted to share with everyone my recommendations for anyone interested in this forum (we all have similar interests) who has the Netflix streaming available. If you don't ... I think you will find the $7.95 per month well spent. I would say I end up watching this more than any other source. They don't have it all of course, but it is a good start. As soon as they can work out their agreements with some of he other networks and studios, it should be quite the resource.

Westerns:
  • True Grit (2010) & (1969) of course
  • Lonesome Dove Trilogy
  • Shane
  • Hell On Wheels
  • Gunless (good for the kids)
  • Legend of Hells Gate
  • Shooting Creek (low budget but good story)
  • Exit Humanity (if anyone is into mixing up Zombies and westerns) I did not like it, but some might.

Miscellaneous: (Not westerns but you might like)
  • Firefly - Seriously ... this is a space western series and just fun. You will like the characters :-)
  • Red Barron
  • Foyles War - One of the best period dramas I have found. great stuff
  • Murdoch Mysteries - I don't like the main actor too much, but enjoy the setting and "age of invention" tinglings
  • Warriors way - I hate to say this one, but it was just FUN. Ninjas and the old west. Seriously, just give it 30 minutes, fun stuff as long as you don't take it to seriously.

NOT on netflix but just FUN .....
  • Good for Nothing ... this is a Kiwi Western and if the plot is just great! Bad guy takes girl so he can have his way ... his manhood is not working ... so whole movie is about him seeking a cure for it. Just fun.

Happy Watching.

"Prairie Smoke" Jake
Houston, TX
In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: My Netflix Streaming Recommendations ....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »
 Netflix here pretty soon.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:02:41 PM »
I have both the "sent to me by mail" and the instant steaming versions of Net Flix.

Great bargain and something like 60,000 TV shows and movies available.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:14:33 AM »

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »
This is something that I'll certainly look into. Thanks for the tip.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
I like having one movie at home, one on the way bak to them, and one one the way to me almost constantly.  If one shows up in the mailbox busted, bent or otherwise unplayable I report it, sent it back, and they have a replacement to me in a couple of days.

In the meantime I watch all kinds of stuff on the instant streaming menu.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:23 AM »
Netflix is a neat thing to have. We get a movie sent to us and have the streaming on our I-Pad and Kindle Fire. They have a good supply of classic westerns and war pictures. My wife does not share my movie tastes, she can watch what she wants and get to watch what I like.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:59:07 AM »
I have only seen Season one of Hell on Wheels but enjoyed it immensely.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
Got the Panasonic Smart Vierra tv,now just waiting to get hooked up to whatever,universal is streaming stuff now and have a pretty good list,my brother works for a company that keeps them stored and running smooth..
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com