Author Topic: Mitchell Custom mag release  (Read 6200 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mitchell Custom mag release
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:15:27 AM »
Those who are left handers will appreciate the awkwardness of handling most revolvers and semi-autos, specifically the 1911. Granted, most have adapted quite well, learning to drop mags with their trigger finger, etc.

I recently purchased two Mitchell Custom RIGHT side mag releases and installed one in my wife's IPSC SR1911. It's a winner! Drop in fit and it works like a charm with all the mags we have tried.
I tried it out and liked it so well, I put the other Mitchell unit in one of MY IPSC 1911's, and I like it - a lot. Instead of totalling losing my grip on the gun to hit the mag button, I now curl my trigger finger, hit the mag release and then put it on the button of the slide stop pin. Just gotta build up the muscle memory, but I'm sure that will come.

I frequently get cautioned about curling my finger into the trigger guard on reloads. I think this will cure that problem.

This is not a 'Wild Bunch' allowed mod, as I read the rules. We both have other 1911's that meet all criteria, if push comes to shove.
The "Modern" category rules do allow an "extended" but not "oversized" left side mag release. Thumb safeties can be both extended and ambidextrous.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Mitchell Custom mag release
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »
P.J.  Thanks for posting.  However, this device is unrelated to Wild Bunch Action Shooting.  Therefore, I'm locking this thread. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com