Author Topic: Up Coming Events  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Up Coming Events
« on: May 08, 2016, 02:54:52 PM »

I’ve got 3 events coming up that would be good ones for someone who wants to learn dutch oven cooking the old time way, all cooking will be done using wood coals, all dishes will be made up on site using ingredients as close to the ones used in the late 19th century and modern grocery stores and to some extent, cost, will allow.   

The first and the last ones are general public events and I would prefer at least a minimal attempt at blending in with the other living history demonstrators, although that is not hard and most likely most people will already have what the need. 

Primitive or modern camping should not be a problem although the Rock Creek Station Event, we would need to know quickly because that area fills up fast, although there small tents that can be taken down quickly will work by removing them when the public is around.   

The GAF Muster is a mile from the road and people with, smaller low slung vehicles are best to have any gear shuttled up with one of the pick-ups or ATV, campers have been pulled up there, but I will say, both were driven up there by retired truck drivers.

Summerfield should not be a problem.

We will provide all the groceries, firewood and such, I also have plenty of cook gear, although any other would be welcome, although keep in mind we still want to keep the area period looking, so we don’t want cooking tables and the like and avoid all visible plastic.   

If anyone is interested message me or comment, but if you message me, tag me here also, because I sometimes forget to check my other folders and messages lay around there for a while.

The first is the Rock Creek Station one, that is June 4-5 although I will arrive on the 3rd or possibly on the 2nd, just not sure yet.

The second, the GAF Muster, is June 24-26 although I plan on arriving on the 19th or 20th.  This event is centered on Victorian Era military firearms and shooting competition with that type, so if you have something you want to shoot we have a good range available, a chance to sight in you modern rifle to 400 yards and even beyond, something many have little opportunity to do.  Saturday night we are traveling to Historic Ft Hartsuff, nearby for a catered dinner and guided tours of this restored Indian Wars fort, with supper being served in the fort’s dining hall, a venue I have served meals in myself.   

I will mention if anyone is interested in astronomy, tossing your telescope in would give you opportunity for star viewing in one of the least light polluted part of the country. 

The 3rd event on my list is Blacksmiths and Pioneer Days in Summerfield Kansas, August 20-21, there will be a lot of unique demonstrations there, I will arrive on the 19th.

The maps are to give a rough idea, I will of course be glad to provide better ones if needed.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com