Author Topic: USFA New and Unturned?  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
USFA New and Unturned?
« on: March 22, 2014, 04:49:24 PM »
I hope folks are not purchasing this fire arm at this price thinking it is unturned as advertised. Doesn't the cylinder lock up notches and ramps show the firearm has been turned or am I seeing things?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=399407887
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: USFA New and Unturned?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »
Definitely not "unturned."  Visible wear on some of the notch lead ins.  People must be going nuts if the price posted is legit.  I wouldn't give the $1,295.00 starting price let alone $2,800.00+ for a standard run-of-the-mill USFA.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:47:27 PM »
I would also think once you remove the cylinder from a firearm you can no longer consider it unturned and there are some being advertised as unturned and then they have photos of the cylinder removed from the revolver. I don't have an unturned revolver because I can't help but pull that hammer back at lease a couple of times to see how the firearm functions and locks up. Technically I doubt if there is such a thing as unturned because I bet before that firearm left the factory it was checked for functionality.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:37:39 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:21:52 AM »
Well ...... For a variety of reasons, there is no such thing as an "unturned" revolver.  Ever.  Additionally, per the photographs, it's obvious someone used a flat file to "adjust" the barrel/cylinder gap.  They didn't do it that way at the factory.  Additionally, technically, once sold for the first time, the product is no longer "new." 

Coffinmaker

Offline Graveyard Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • aka CraigC
    • Graveyard Jack's Custom Sixgun Leather
  • SASS #: 81,827
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 02:52:08 PM »
Man, I went round and round with that guy over another gun he claimed was "new and unfired" when it had an obvious turn line and had been fired. He didn't know that if these guns are handled properly, the will never develop a turn line. In the end, he got REALLY nasty and I just let it go. I wouldn't buy anything from him.
SASS #81,827

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com