Author Topic: The Triple P Loader  (Read 19457 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: The Triple P Loader
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 11:11:33 PM »
Mako,
Powder is either Goex fffg or Schuetzen fffg (whichever I can get cheapest at the time); lubed wad (either wonder wads, bpstuff wads with some of the lube melted out, or dry wads I lube myself with beeswax/crisco/bore butter mixture); and .380 cast balls.  I lube the arbor with bore butter ensuring all the grooves are full and there is sufficient lube on the ratchet to keep the back of the cylinder from binding on the frame.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Fingers McGee

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »
Mako,
Guns are 2nd Gen Colt '61 Navies; but get same results from Uberti '61 Navies, 2nd Gen '51 Navies, Navy Army Frontiersman '51 Navies, Pietta 1860 Armies, Pietta US Marshal .44 cal '51 Navies.  Powder for the .36s is either 20 gr Goex fffg or Schuetzen fffg (whichever I can get cheapest at the time) the Armies get 24 gr; lubed wad (either wonder wads, bpstuff wads with some of the lube melted out, or dry wads I lube myself with beeswax/crisco/bore butter mixture); and .380 cast balls.  I lube the arbor with bore butter ensuring all the grooves are full and there is sufficient lube on the ratchet to keep the back of the cylinder from binding on the frame.  The Schuetzen powder appears to be a little bit cleaner.

FM
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Mako

• Shooter of the "holy Black", Frontier Gunfighter #1, STORM, Henry 1860
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cowboying since the Mid-20th Century
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
Fingers,
You must just lead a cleaner life than I do, or maybe you shoot more Navies than I do these days.  You do shoot lighter loads than I do maybe that's the difference.

Regards,
"Dirty" Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:28:05 AM »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »
Mako;

I've been shooting Navies almost exclusively for the last 5 years.  Between Mar & Oct I average 3 matches a month with one being an annual, state or regional.  Settled on the 20 gr load as the most consistent and accurate for CAS.  Heavier loads are good for longer distances; although, the 20 gr load in my SS Uberti '51 will ring 4 out of 5 on a buffalo target at 75 yds with a dead on hold.

Fingers

Offline Noz

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »
I load a lot like Fingers. 1860 Armys, 25 grs of FFFg, lubed wad and a 454 or 457 ball. I have gone to an ultra lite gun cart so I load with a pistol stand at the unloading table rather than on the cart. My results are the same. At the end of the match I spray the outside with Ballistol and then clean when I get time. Frequently days after the shoot. I shoot 10-12 stages with no maintenance.

Offline Mako

• Shooter of the "holy Black", Frontier Gunfighter #1, STORM, Henry 1860
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cowboying since the Mid-20th Century
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »
Well, I still feel dirty... I shoot 30 gr with a .454 ball.  A few years ago I was shooting the recognized target loading of 25 gr but I got tired of spotters telling me they couldn't tell if I hit a target because their eyes were all puffy from the smoke.  I find the martial load of 30 gr makes the steel sing a bit louder, it has nothing to do with being a warthog or such.  I guess I need to make sure I have manly spotters (or womanly ones for that matter) on my posses that way they will relish the smoke.

I also don't shoot my Navies much anymore because that 87 grain ball hit is harder to hear over the reverberations from the shot for those not accustomed to the finer qualities of the holy black.

Regards,
Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »
Each Triple P Loader now comes complete with 4 cylinder arbors 3 seating jags and a powder funnel

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »
There are a couple features to the Triple P that aren't apparent in the photographs that I wanted to mention.  The turret's rotation is controlled by a spring loaded detent that stops the rotation of the in the turret in the ramming position directly under the ramming rod. The ramming rod is also controlled by a spring loaded detent which allows you to suspend it's travel in mid stroke without fear of it falling down uncontrollably.

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 02:18:09 PM »
Great news! I've acquired full use of a machine shop with CNC capabilities to produce the Triple P!

sixgunforfun.com

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 07:56:05 AM »
The Triple P loader can be ordered with your choice of wad cutters to round out the usefulness of the tool! The triple P truly is "Your Pistol Packin' Pardner!  Round balls or conical load like hot butter! But don't just trust my words!  Here's a testimonial

"WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sir are a true craftsman!!!!!!!!!!! This thing is amazing; you've thought out every detail, I got a hell of a deal. I think these are worth much more then I paid, I think you could probably get around 100.00 to 125.00 for these, so many different functions. This is a great product. I can't wait to show it off...
> Thanks again, you have a real winner here."

Click-Bang SASS # 74323

The Triple P Loader is the FIRST and ONLY black powder revolver loading tool that holds a patent to double as a wad cutter!

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 09:41:42 AM »
The first of the magazine product reviews has been received in a draft form, and the Triple P scored a full 6 chamber rating! I have to give credit where credit is due and on top of the list is God, there is nothing that has been created that didn't have it's foundation in the mind of God. I also want to thank those of you who have helped make the Triple P a success by offering your encouragement and guidance. And I want to thank the owners of this board for providing a great forum.

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »
I'm considering making a variation to the Triple P Loader, but wanted some input. I know that not everyone has multiple firearms, so to that end, I'm going to market the Triple P Loader in a model that will cater to those who own only one firearm.  It seems that the 1858 Remington will be a likely candidate. Here's what I'll do, rather then have multiple seating jags, the unit will come with a permanently fixed seating jag and yet still be adjustable.  I'll do the same for any manufacture of firearm, just request it when you place your order.  The cylinder arbor will be in a fixed location as well. And of course, all Triple P Loaders come with a powder funnel for your convenience. These units will be offered at the reduced price of $59.99.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 02:44:20 AM »
Howdy!

If I may suggest;  Don't make a permanent loading jag or affix the arbor permanently.  Leaving he magnet system is no problem.  Perhaps the arbor could screw in place.  This way, when a Remington shooter who buys a Rem. Loader, THEN LATER buys a Colt, you can sell an upgrade "kit" that comes with the other jags and the larger arbor - that also screws in.

Just like Dillon has done with their RL450 Upgrade as well as the upgrade system (a set of 4 assemblies, purchased separately) to make their AT 500 loader into a full-blown RL550B.

What would be the difference between a regular version and a Rem ONLY version?

Sell the Rem set for $59.95 (or whatever) and sell the Colt arbor and the 2 or 3 magnetic jags for, say $29.95.  You've added 3 threading operations to the original loader ... and as a machiner  er, ... machinist,  :o I'm sure you know how simple threading 2 sizes of rods and a hole CAN be.    ::) ;) Then announce to the world the availability of "The "Triple 'P' Upgrade Kit"

Just an idea ... from a prospective shopper.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 08:57:39 AM »
There are a lot less machining operations in a model that didn't have the rotating turret, less seating jags, less cylinder arbors. I want to make the unit accommodate  those people who only shoot one firearm.  Why sell them bells, flags and whistles, if they don't need or can't use them. All variations to the Triple P Loaders will still have the adjustable seating depth with the locking ring. This will make the product line up more versatile, so a shooter could pay less for a unit if he only has a single firearm. I will still offer the Triple P Loader in the "Deluxe" variation. The customer will have the option as to which version is more suited to their individual needs.

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »
It would be an easy thing to do if the customer who purchased the basic model wanted to upgrade to the full fledged version. I could, in a separate upgrade package, sell the "Quick-Draw" seating jag adjustment screw with the jag ends and the rotating turret. That's a really good idea there Steel horse Thanks!

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »
Glad to help, pard.  (IF I did!) ;)

I have only seen the one version, so I assumed ALL would be the same, except for the inclusion of the various magnetic jags & arbors  and the rotating feature.  Sorry!  ;D  Yeah - a basic model would NOT have to be as deluxe as the one I saw on your posted video website!

What colours will you offer it in?  ::)  ;D Realtree camo (tm) for the hunting/outdoors types; blue for men; pink for women; and black & silver for us BP purists.  Sound good?  Whaddya mean, I'm gettin' off track ... Well, OK then.

Good luck on this; I've watched this with interest (as have many others, I'm sure) from the first and any new "helper" gadget is welcome!

This exemplifies just another cool idea that has come out of this Internet  and the Pards that help make our sport of 'Olde West' shooting and re-enacting just THAT much more fun!

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
Thanks Steel Horse! I appreciate all the feedback I can get, after all it's you who I ultimately have to please. I'm thinking I'll offer the fixed jag as an accessory. Anyone ever check out www.blackpowderrevolver.net? There's an interesting story in this months issue.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 01:49:01 AM »
The video is too blurry to discern anything precise, however it seems to be a great tool.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »
Nice write-up!

Offline 6Gun4Fun

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Triple P Loader
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
Thanks Steel Horse! They tried to trip me up with the Starr SA, but the Triple P performed flawlessly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com