Author Topic: Today is ...  (Read 40710 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Today is ...
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2004, 01:54:43 PM »
I expected no sooner from a Roller man Slim. ;D ;D  Ya gonna feel stoopid watchin' Quigley with yer Remmy 'cross yer lap. ;D  Did I tell ya I got ta try a real Rand Quigly on in my size one time?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2004, 02:05:30 PM »
The roller stays in the garage when Quigley is on. It might get jealous. :D  Them Rands are nice ($) hats?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2004, 02:17:08 PM »
The Remington is really the better gun of the two, but it don't have the meeestic of the Sharps.  When yer good they don't call ya a Remington shooter. ;D  Course John Browning took the best of the Sharps, Remington and the Ballard and built the 1885 Winchester High and Low Wall.  And my Low-Wall stays in the cabinet when Quigley is on. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 02:56:56 AM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2004, 02:21:15 PM »
I just like Remingtons, besides everyone and their brother has a Sharps. I don't want to follow the crowd.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Uncle Eph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Never trust anything designed after 1912
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2004, 03:22:43 PM »
Rollers are the best, but if you really want to stand out from the crowd get yourself a side flusher: a Remington Hepburn.

seems to me that I have read that that the Hepburn and the High Wall were both patented on the same day, that does not seem quite right but if it is true then there would be a day to celebrate.
WARTHOG, GAF #364, SASS #53354, BOLD #549, SBSS #1483, STORM #5, NRA, CRSO, ASSRA, SDOP, SUV, GOFWG #19, 7-7-79 SNL WINNER

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2004, 03:36:41 PM »
Let's have a National Single Shot Rifle Day, Slim, see if ya can google up the patent dates and we'll use that one.  We'll celebrate Rollers, Sharps, Ballards, Trapdoors, 1885 Winnys, R-H's and many more to many to name.  We'll even Celebrate that best of Rooger Rifle's the #1, as long as we don't have to invite that Red Headed Stepchild version, the stainless one with the lemonnatted stock. :P :P :P 

Heck we'll even invite the H&R Handygun, I've had a couple and like them. ;D

PS fer Slim, if ya buy yer hat 2-3 sizes too big ya can pad the brim with toilet paper.  Then in an EEEmergency SITuation you will be perpared.  Tighten the windstring when the paperwork is done and yer good to go again. (If ya can make it ta tha saddlebags and the exxerity roll. ;D)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2004, 04:06:06 PM »
Let's have a National Single Shot Rifle Day, Slim, see if ya can google up the patent dates and we'll use that one.  We'll celebrate Rollers, Sharps, Ballards, Trapdoors, 1885 Winnys, R-H's and many more to many to name.  We'll even Celebrate that best of Rooger Rifle's the #1, as long as we don't have to invite that Red Headed Stepchild version, the stainless one with the lemonnatted stock. :P :P :P 

Heck we'll even invite the H&R Handygun, I've had a couple and like them. ;D

PS fer Slim, if ya buy yer hat 2-3 sizes too big ya can pad the brim with toilet paper.  Then in an EEEmergency SITuation you will be perpared.  Tighten the windstring when the paperwork is done and yer good to go again. (If ya can make it ta tha saddlebags and the exxerity roll. ;D)
This is one reference I have found: "Winchester M 1885 Thin Side High Wall, S/N: 983 & pat. date 10-7-1879."

And: " Remington-Hepburn No. 3 Sporting Rifle, .32 Cal. ... top of barrel is marked "E. Remington & Sons, Ilion, NY". Side of receiver is marked "Hepburn's Patent, Oct. 7, 1879".

Slim

Offline Uncle Eph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Never trust anything designed after 1912
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2004, 06:47:40 PM »
Great work Slim.

Del, you got a good idea there, there is already something like that, it is celebrated every Fathers Day weekend in Forsyth Montana and it is the "Q". ;D
WARTHOG, GAF #364, SASS #53354, BOLD #549, SBSS #1483, STORM #5, NRA, CRSO, ASSRA, SDOP, SUV, GOFWG #19, 7-7-79 SNL WINNER

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2004, 07:51:41 PM »
Slim is in charge a 'memberin' but I declare next Oct 7th ta be National Single Shot Rifle day.  We can ecen have a moment of silence fer those who are not lucky enough ta have at least one. (SSbolt 22's don't count but 1871 Mausers and such do.)  Might just have ta get me a Gun Parts barrel and finish the Psedo Walnut Hill I got most of the parts fer. ;D

And as fer National Toilet Paper Day, times runnin' out, if ya ain't done yer part yet, get goin'. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2004, 08:46:01 AM »
Now isn't the world a much nicer place today, thanks to yet another worthless, stooopid holiday declared with the intention of remindin' those less smart than us to do somethin' they should already be doin'. ;D ;D  If we have reminded even just one person who would have forgot to wipe to do so these electrons will not have been wasted. ;D ;D

Next time on yer mornin' drive when ya got yer radio on and the whole herd of mornin' DJ's read a list of what National, "somethin' stoopid" month, week or day it is, remember the fun we had here. ;D  And please, just cause it a year till the next National Toilet Paper Day, don't wait till then. ;D  Always remember:'The job is never finished till the paper work is done." :P :o ::) ;D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2004, 09:12:25 AM »
This is one reference I have found: "Winchester M 1885 Thin Side High Wall, S/N: 983 & pat. date 10-7-1879."

And: " Remington-Hepburn No. 3 Sporting Rifle, .32 Cal. ... top of barrel is marked "E. Remington & Sons, Ilion, NY". Side of receiver is marked "Hepburn's Patent, Oct. 7, 1879".

Slim

Why Slim, you sure know how to get a girls heart started first thing in the morning.  ;)
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2004, 09:17:10 AM »

Slim

Why Slim, you sure know how to get a girls heart started first thing in the morning.  ;)
I try to do my part.  ;)

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2004, 09:23:43 AM »
Slim is in charge a 'memberin' but I declare next Oct 7th ta be National Single Shot Rifle day.  We can ecen have a moment of silence fer those who are not lucky enough ta have at least one. (SSbolt 22's don't count but 1871 Mausers and such do.)  Might just have ta get me a Gun Parts barrel and finish the Psedo Walnut Hill I got most of the parts fer. ;D

And as fer National Toilet Paper Day, times runnin' out, if ya ain't done yer part yet, get goin'. ;D

It is on the calendar.
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?topic=1650.new#new

Slim

Offline Pukin Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • The frozen tundra of Madison, Wi
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2004, 12:25:36 PM »
Its Brett Favre Day in Wisconsin.  He's starting his 200th consecutive game.  Pretty awesome for a Quarterback.

"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2004, 12:28:25 PM »
Its Brett Favre Day in Wisconsin.  He's starting his 200th consecutive game.  Pretty awesome for a Quarterback.

Are ya wearing a Packer shirt?

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2004, 04:42:30 PM »
Alfred Packer?  Him I've heard of, the other guy I don't reconize, the hat looks like the one that Jack Nicolson wore in "Easy Rider" but that don't look like Jack.  And why has he got his underwear hangin' out the front? :o :o :o ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2004, 04:44:15 PM »
Alfred Packer?  Him I've heard of, the other guy I don't reconize, the hat looks like the one that Jack Nicolson wore in "Easy Rider" but that don't look like Jack.  And why has he got his underwear hangin' out the front? :o :o :o ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ;)
::)

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com