Author Topic: Thought y'all might enjoy this  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Thought y'all might enjoy this
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
This was a CVA kit, a gift to me in 1971-2 Christmas. I assembled the gun and shot it several occasions.
It went missing , lost or misplaced with several moves , maybe stolen I had thought,
In any case I had not seen it in 41 years  :-\ and had not given it any thought in years.

Friday, I was looking in an old carton of books, for an autographed copy of "River of Grass" by Marjory Stoneman Douglas,
For some research, on an article I was writing for the NCOWS "Shootist"  (didn't find the book )
I found the gun , how it got there I have no idea....

It was imported by CVA from Jukar in Spain probably sold for $25-30 back in the day.... I see them on GB & Gun trader selling
for twice that, even $100.
That being the case, I believe I'll make it a project , some checkering , and other cosmetics.
Bore is fine , needs a new nipple ( maybe )  otherwise not bad for 40+ years of neglect
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Thought y'all might enjoy this
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
just goes to prove, reading is better that television. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
    • Western Author Michael Zimmer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:49:51 PM »
Major:

There's a Christmas in July moment. Good luck on finding your autographed copy of River of Grass, as well. I've been researching 19th century Florida recently, and look forward to reading your article.

TK -- Couldn't agree more!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:03:25 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
I hope I do as well, she actually signed it twice , once for my Dad in 1951 and again for me in 1991, she was 101 and still sharp as tack.

She passed at 108 years ... The book mentions Edgar Watson notorious Glade's Outlaw, Watch for an upcoming article about Watson in the Shootist
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com