Author Topic: What Did You Think Of " Legends & Lies : The Real West" on Fox?  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
I watched the first couple of episodes last night, on Jesse James and Doc Holliday. I thought they were interesting and I learned a few new facts on both subjects. The actors were convincing and the costuming/equipment(with the exception of the horses saddles) was pretty good. At least nice to see something new on this subject and look forward to upcoming episodes. Went shopping at a Target store this morning and found the companion book to the series on sale, so I picked that up as well. We'll see how it goes.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Hambone Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Did You Think Of " Legends & Lies : The Real West" on Fox?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:41:34 AM »
I watched and enjoyed. There have been other shows that basically told the same 'legends' and 'lies'. The series Gunslingers went into the truth vs the legends. All in all it is always good to have the Old West on TV...good entertainment.

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 03:59:25 PM »
If there's guns, boot and horses.....I'm a watch'n! I thought it was pretty good.....
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Advertising

Offline griswold

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »
Was interesting until Oh really started talking about Texas history during the David Crockett piece........he knows squat on the subject of Texas history. Makes me wonder how much of the other shows are BS...........also makes me wonder about a NYC boy writing about western history......
Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
Western movies are called "Horse Flatulence and Gun Smoke..."

Bill

Offline Don Nix

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 05:43:46 PM »
I watched a few of the episodes and I thought they were terrible.They made some boneheaded errors for a supposedly factual show.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com