Author Topic: The new Year is here.  (Read 43028 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The new Year is here.
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2017, 06:31:40 AM »
Careful that thing doesn't get away from you,Del :o ;D

Winter advisory up here, had a little snow so far, but it's supposed to turn into freezing rain shortly before it goes over to rain ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »
The coffee and hot water are on the fire.

Rained all day Sunday and most of Monday.  Never did get the second batch of white stuff on Monday.  Did wake to a partially downed fence yesterday morning.  The wind had pushed to top part over into our backyard.  The wind was still blowing pretty good while we pushed it back upright and I added about 20 ft. of additional header to bring it all back together.  Good thing Home Depot opens early.

Back to more rain today.  The Truckee crested yesterday at about 12 ft. (that’s about a foot lower than the 2005 flood.)
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »
Had a little snow over night, and then the freezing rain started. Had to put salt out to be able to take the dogs out. managed to slip and fall once while we were repairing a faulty heat tape on the "sow's ear". Probably feel it tomorrow morning.i was going back and forth getting tools for my associate and picked the wrong place to step. It's just rain now, temp's up to around 40 ::) :P

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 12:58:06 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2017, 06:14:14 PM »
Had a mostly sunny day, 50's here Supposed to be same tomorrow, maybe even warmer. Then only 40 on Thursday, then probably the bottom drops out.

This evening we officially have a four year old in the house. Had to stop and pick up a cake and ice cream, and a big toy kitchen set-probably won't stop her from emptying the kitchen drawers of real utensils, though.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2017, 06:53:41 PM »
Had a mess today. 3" of white overnight. Then, rain 'til 15:00ish when it turned to white again. High was 37 and the temp started dropping the same time the white started again. 'Tis 23.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 11:03:35 PM »
Evening all.  Beans warming for the night crew.   ::)

Rained all day here.  Washed a couple big rocks across one of the highways that are going to need explosives to remove.  should be interesting to watch if I can make my way over there.  Planned for Thursday, but it's a long day for me at work, so we'll see.   ::)

Got half of the suspension in my truck replaced tonight.  Do the other half at some time in the future.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2017, 11:15:38 AM »
Fire's going and the stuff is warming.

Got about a half inch of white stuff overnight, but the temp. is still slightly above freezing, so it'll hopefully be gone before we cool off tonight.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »
We managed to get a little over 50 today. Raining now :P

Some place outside the park last night, there was an electrical problem. Power went out here for a few minutes, then came back on. Noticed that the east side of our street didn't, plus the new section was out. Of course, it affected the well pumps, no water. AEP had to kill the power over all to fix the outage, result.......we had to distribute boil alert papers to all the sections of the park that were on the wells which is most of the park :-\ ::)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
Nice day here today, short sleeve weather, still that warm outside right now. Weather guessers say that's all over, though. Going downhill for the rest of the weekend. High 40 tomorrow, freezing rain Friday and Saturday.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »
Morning all.  Here's the coffee.

Weather is about 33.5: it wants to freeze, but not quite there yet.  Forecast for rain later on, which could transform into white stuff.  Brief aside: Mount Shasta, which is about three hours away by highway, has gotten 18 FEET of snow in the past five days.   :o :o  the mountain behind my house got 4"/hour for five hours, with a 60mph wind.  Meanwhile, I stayed in the valley and drank warm liquids.

Have the "keys to the kingdom" today.  Supervisor has to take his horses to a vet visit in the city, so I'll be all alone at the office.  My goal of cleaning all of the wooden cabinets in the building this week went out the window yesterday.  Had to clean out an outbuilding that a ground squirrel had eaten his way into (and then promptly got trapped/killed by a rat trap), which took 45 minutes of my 2 hour day.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
In the mid-60's this morning....expected to be in the mid-80's later in the day.  Record highs expected.
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »
Was running behind this morn. 'Tis 10. Low of -4.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2017, 07:49:25 PM »
Was running behind this morn. 'Tis 10. Low of -4.

Slim

Weather that cold would certainly make me run behind!  Heck, I'm not sure I would make it out of the covers until the Summer there!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2017, 08:25:31 PM »
We were in the high 50's here, but it rained, sometimes pretty hard, all day. Flood warnings out for a few of the creeks here as well.

Back into the freezer tomorrow :P

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2017, 12:45:54 AM »
Weather that cold would certainly make me run behind!  Heck, I'm not sure I would make it out of the covers until the Summer there!

We got in the low 40's one night at the 2010 Muster. A front came through and let's say I have always taken far to many blankets after that.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2017, 06:56:19 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 0 and overcast. High of 10.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2017, 07:28:27 AM »
Morning all.  I could use some of that coffee.

It was a pretty clear night last night.  I think it got down to 15.  Supposed to get some precipitation later in the day, though not until after the temperature gets above freezing.

We've had enough rain that in the next county they have the dam letting 56,000 CFS through.  That's 1.125 cubic acres/ second.  :o Compared to our dam which is running high at 6,000CFS.

Still waiting on that Ruger I mentioned earlier.  The gun I'm selling to pay for it hasn't gone through yet, so it's still in limbo. 

--TK

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are steaming!

Yesterday was sloppy as the 2” of white stuff we got the night before, converted itself into liquid form.  Our ski areas report over 105” of skiing material was dumped on them in the last 5 days.  With what they had before they expect to be open until the end of Spring.

Today more stuff should get converted to goop as we are supposed to be floating just a few degrees above freezing.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2017, 09:11:03 AM »
Thanks for the hot beverages, Russ T....
Foggy and warm here on the coastal plains of Tejas.  Currently, in the mid-60's, with high in the mid-70's. 
Maybe a good day for indoor projects...but different reasons than the rest of the country!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »
Good morning all.

Sunny yesterday, and somewhere around 60 degrees.  Then down to 21 last night.

Heading to a S&R training in a few minutes.  I was told we had three options for training material today:  Rappelling in a fire station, Riding tracked quad-runners in the white stuff, and none of the above.   Kind of broad curriculum there. ::)

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com