Author Topic: A small favor to ask  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Max_F

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A small favor to ask
« on: July 03, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
Hi all,

Always been a huge fan of the look and mechanism of the old Schofields, and now I'm currently working on a 3d animation project and am looking to make a Schofield model 3 russian. I've spent the last few hours admiring your fine examples but with no chance of getting a real-life peice before my deadline is up, I need lots and lots of solid reference pictures. I would be very grateful indeed if any of you would be willing to shoot some pictures of your Schofields(variants would be just as useful as a russian).

In particular, I would need shots from the top, bottom, back, front and really as many in-between angles as possible,  ;D also if you wish, I'd be more then happy to credit you in the final work.
Thanks in advance!

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: A small favor to ask
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »
Head to your local Barnes and Noble booksellers - and see if they've got a copy of Dave Chicoine's 'Gunsmithing Guns of the Old West'.

You should find some good black and white stuff that's adaptable to your project.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:00:38 PM »
Better yet, get David Chicoine's "Sixguns of the Old West, Smith & Wesson", it includes the Model 3's of all vintages, the Russian and Schofield, the clones and part drawings.

Incidently, the Russian is not a Schofield and a Schofield is not a Russian.  They are two different revolvers, and the original S&W guns had very few interchangable parts.  The Italian Uberti Russian and Schofield have more interchangable parts than the originals, as neither is fully authentic, but all those parts would be inside.

If you need any specific dimensions of either (Uberti), email or PM me, I'll see what I can give you.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:26:06 PM »

Offline Max_F

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:12:27 AM »
Thanks for the speedy replies fellas  :) and thanks for the info, I've ordered a the S&W sixguns book you mentioned, I'm sure it'll come in handy.

Offline gw

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »
Max--I own an original 2nd model Schofield and Russian. I'd take any specific photos you need as time allows. Both of these were shot at the recent NCOWS Nat. Shoot so they are functioning, shootable guns. I doubt if any of the parts would interchange though,they are two entirely different animals.
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com