Author Topic: my first post  (Read 2063 times)

Offline littled

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
my first post
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:22:11 AM »
a big hi to all. i am littled from ms. i am new to the colt family, just got my first saa last week. its a blued dual cyl. 45 with the 7 1/2 barrel. i think its a 98 year model from the post i read here lastnight . i am a blackpowder shooter and like the new stuff also. the saa i just got was at a gun show new in the blue box, the person wanted 1,400. for it but i ended up trading for it. i think i got about 1,250 in it. i looked at a few other revolvers just like it at a couple places one was gunbroker, the one there like it was listed for 2,399. but the listing for them at colt was for about what i have in mine. i am looking at belts and hosters now trying to find one that i like. i looked at some from the guy that lives close to boothill and like what i saw. my wife on the other freaked out when she saw the prices. i tried to tell her you just can't carry a colt in just any old hoster. i am a foestry fire ranger and have been for over 25 years. i had been looking to get a saa for a few years and almost bought a older one but the price was sky high or i thought it was now after learning a little about early colts i feel stupid for not buying it. i'm just a learner now so i will be reading all i can about the loads for my new saa and the advice from the older owners.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: my first post
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:05 AM »
Good for you!

I own a 4 3/4" Colt  with a  .45ACP cylinder that was fitted by John Kopec years ago - though I really think Eddie Janis did the work for him.

It's a joy to shoot - and as Luck would have it - it's a drop-in to my other Colts.

That 7 1/2" barrel will be fun to shoot.

As to leather - you're right - and you'll need 'good' leather, so look over the efforts of some of the folks on the 'Leather Forum'.

Review the 'back pages' here - you'll learn a few things, and remember:

'Real Cowboys Shoot Colts'...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
BTW, if you carry the gun while working you get to write off the gun and leather on your Income Taxes.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:42:05 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com