Author Topic: 1880 stetson hat...  (Read 45192 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: 1880 stetson hat...
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2006, 12:31:39 AM »
IWS, with all due respect, statistical data proves that approx. only 1/3 of all eyewitness testimony of a crime is accurate let alone recall over decades, e.g., "oldtimers" recalling Sharps cartridges of 4 in. that never existed for the time period, etc. The job of the historian is to sift out what "was" from what is believed "was".  ;)

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2006, 08:48:17 AM »
  IWS,  et al;

Joss beat me to the telegraph key this morning , but I think just about covered it all. I believe there are a few out there who are disillusioned with NCOWS for some personal reason (see my previous posts in this thread), And you know the old saying "misery loves company". There is NO movement to take ANYTHING off the approved list. The current E-committee is trying to tie up some loose ends, but there is no desire to move further to the authenticity side. With WC and the originals classes there should be something for everyone
                                                       jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2006, 04:59:35 PM »

Trap-
 I think we have a great organization going here with all things that SASS isn't, but it also becomes a little difficult to entice new shooters to join when there is alot of bickering and perceived 'backpeddling' happening.                                                      IWS
(back to trolling....oops, can't, need to get back to work)

IWS, just how do you think your post helped in anyway to alleviate the concerns of new prospects?  You mention things that I have never heard discussed such as calibers being banned or guncarts.  If you feel that such discussions discourage some who might be interested why didn't you post that on the members only forum?  That is why we started it.  Since you chose to post it on the open forum your motives are suspect.  Since we have pretty well covered the original topic.  I will lock the thread.  If you choose to respond please do so at the members only board...unless of course you have another reason.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 04:37:44 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com