Author Topic: RATS: Who all HUNTS with their RUGER six-shooters?  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
RATS: Who all HUNTS with their RUGER six-shooters?
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »
The 2007 seasons are almost upon us now!!
Big game or small game...Let us in on what you hunt & with which RATSix-shooter.

We do.   But we can talk about that later.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Buffalow Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: RATS: Who all HUNTS with their Six-shooters?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 06:45:48 AM »
I hunt mo. whitetails with 50 cal muzzleloader & usely pack my 44 C&B 12" barrel reme as a back up once a dear came up behind me was standing under my tree stand to close for 32" barreled smoke pole, the pistle is perfect. 30 gr fff & round ball kills just fine
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: RATS: Who all HUNTS with their Six-shooters?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:38:42 PM »
Mustang Greg How Ya Be

I've done alot of hunting with my handgun , mostly small game and always with my old model Ruger Single Six, with fixed sites, this gun is dead on, it's the 6 1/2 " barrel , also the extra cylinder for 22 mag. I always used Western Super x 22 Long Rifle,and Hollow Point, for hunting I found it to be the most accurate, The best shot I ever made with this gun was at 120 yards at a running Jack rabbit. kills of 50 to 100 yards were common. There were times that my Pards said they thought I shot better with that Single Six than I did with a rifle. Lots of fun hunting with that gun. Will thats my story.

TEN WOLVES FIVE SHOOTER 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

Re: RATS: Who all HUNTS with their RUGER six-shooters?
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:43:50 PM »

Offline Marshall Mims

• Watching the Store
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: RATS: Who all HUNTS with their RUGER six-shooters?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 07:52:51 PM »
This year is the first mah first for six-shooter huntin' and I'm going for deer. Our county has extra deer problem (large population) and there's a need for us to harvest 'em out. I'm practicing a bunch for a one-shot kill (in the zone) with a 45 Colt Blackhawk. I'll probably end up using flat point rounds (250 gr.)
NRA, RBRR, RATS #335

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com