Author Topic: Leather Essentials Advice  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Blue Steel Traveller

• Active citizen
  • I've Been Everywhere
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Leather Essentials Advice
« on: May 01, 2006, 04:22:07 PM »
In researching the leather for CAS, I'm in need of some info on essentials.  I got the basics down like make sure it fits, the holster is made for the pistol used etc but what other essentials need to be considered? For example, what is the 20 degree slant all about and the issues of cross draw versus not cross draw, high rig versus drop rig, reinforced holster versus not. etc etc etc.  Any help to crack this portion of the code would be helpful.

Thanks

Offline Klondike

• Very Active Citizen
    • Cowtown Katy's Emporium
  • Liked:
Re: Leather Essentials Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »
 Traveller,
I'll try to answer some of your questions. The 15 to 20 degree slant is a little faster and more natural and is considered a bit more competitive, but not very period. Some folks like a cross draw for looks and function, but there is the risk of breaking the 170, and the dance, that is why a lot of shooters have gone to two strong sides. High rise looks and is more period. Dropped holsters are easier to draw from, especially with longer barrel pistols, or longer arms. Reinforced is much easier to put the pistol back into. Drawing a pistol can be done from almost any holster, some better than others, but putting the pistol back in a collapsed holster presents a problem, some times taking two hands. Holsters that cover the trigger guard makes you draw the pistol by the grip, a cut down holster (this applies to two strong sides) allows you to pull the weak side by the backstrap and trigger guard, making the transition to the strong hand much faster. hope this answers some of your questions.

Offline Blue Steel Traveller

• Active citizen
  • I've Been Everywhere
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »
Klondike

Thanks for that information.  It was exactly what I was looking for. My irons arrive in a couple of days and that makes leather next on my list. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:49:46 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com