Author Topic: Zack White Leather, Buyer Beware 50 Percent Restocking Fee  (Read 6270 times)

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Zack White Leather, Buyer Beware 50 Percent Restocking Fee
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »
We received the rest of the items we ordered from Zack White leather and the polished brass buckles and 3 inch O rings came "gold irridated". This is the same finish they put on car parts. We called the and asked why the buckles are no longer brass plated and they told us "that's all they send us anymore". Prior to this we had to send back several parts that came the wrong size. Eventually we just gave up and decide to just order completed breast collars from a manufacturer and sent the whole lot back to them. Half of the order the lady on the phone said was 50 percent restocking fee and added to our charge card because we had the parts over a certain date. I could see if it was a box of apples but this was ridiculousness and feel we have been greatly cheated. If we had received satisfactory finished parts to begin with we would not had to send them back. I still have not received the funds that we paid for with the charge card or any verification they did send the funds. HERE'S MORE
I might add shipping on one of the orders which is half of the parts we needed cost $30.00 "TO ASSEMBLE 12 BREAST STRAPS". so we also feel we were not fairly treated there also. All would have fit in a $14.00 flat rate box.
Here is a pic of the hardware that cost $30.00 to ship that we returned HERE

Offline Springfield Slim

• Top Active Citizen
    • Whyte Leatherworks
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Zack White Leather, Buyer Beware 50 Percent Restocking Fee
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »
More than once I have been in the middle of ordering something online and cancelled the deal when it came to the shipping charges. Some merchants really need to review their shipping practices as I know it is costing them customers. I use USPS Flat rate boxes for many things I ship my customers. Most merchants charge 14.00 for this box, like Duke mentioned. I charge 10.00, even though it actually costs me 10.85. I hate being nickle and dimed to death, so I  just won't do it. And returning items is even worse, like Duke found out.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Offline bedbugbilly

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »
I haven't looked up their site but I'm a betting that they don't have a "review" section where you can state your experiences with them. 

Shipping costs have gone up for everybody and that's a fact of life  . . . BUT . . . nothing irritates me any more than seeing a minimum charge of $6.00 or so for something that could be slid in an envelope and mailed for less than $2.00. 

I've sole on eBay for years and I hate it when an item is priced low and then they try and make it up with a horrendous shipping charge . . . I just move on.  I'm like Springfield . . . . when I look at a site and get ready to order, if the shipping charges are out of line, I just back out. 

Duke . . . don't blame you at all for being upset over the restocking charge . . . it sounds like they need a good lesson on "customer service".  Thanks for the "heads up" on 'em.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:21:21 AM »

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:51:17 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I posted this on the Leather Worker Forum and the moderator lady came on and made a reply and then promptly deleted this same post. Looks to me like you can purchase integrity these days if you are a vendor on their forum. Protection money I  see it.
If people don't like what I send them, I tell them to send it back for a full refund. That easy.
I Goggle Earthed the ZW shop and it's a huge building. I mean huge! I guess folks like my wife and I with disabilities I might add, have helped pay for it.
In lieu of this episode Buffalo Barbie opened up her own tack store
www.warponysaddlery.com which presently is stocked with horse tack as we speak PICS ARE HERE and she says she will be carrying high quality hardware soon. She already has an account set up with the hardware manufacturer. We had to do this to insure a reliable source of hardware. Oh! and Barbie has cases of "FLAT RATE BOXES" that the manager of the post office personally delivered himself.  ;)
Duke

Offline Massive

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »
That does not sound like a square deal.  i would call the charge card company and ask to have the charge reversed, if it was not clearly spelled out.  One does have to be careful about cancelling payments, but many US states have consumer protections.  Plus 50% restocking is 3x what it should be.  Cheaper to sell it on ebay?

I do think that sellers should charge what it costs to do business, not hide costs.  But they should also try to find just as good prices for their customers, as they would search out for themselves.  The 10.85 to 10 dollar thing is great, that is like a bakers dozen.  But there comes a point were one is charging low cost customers for high cost customers.

Offline daddyeaux

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
Does anyone buy leather from Zack White? I am looking for latigo 2" straps in the 8-9 or 9-10 oz range in 72" or longer lengths. Of if anyone has a good outlet for this product let me know.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »
Does anyone buy leather from Zack White? I am looking for latigo 2" straps in the 8-9 or 9-10 oz range in 72" or longer lengths. Of if anyone has a good outlet for this product let me know.

I bought some from the Leatherguy on ebay and it was premo! He also has a website.

Offline daddyeaux

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
Thanks Duke do you know what his website is?

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com