Author Topic: Sharps vs High Wall  (Read 21796 times)

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharps vs High Wall
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
Boys,,lookin' at Cherrys prices,,a Shiloh Sharps is just as cheap,,,and its a SHILOH !

Cherrys is outrageous.

MD

Offline drcook

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharps vs High Wall
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »
It's the exchange rate. Cherry's is no more outrageous than any others. Have you priced a Meacham Highwall
lately, I expect not. A Meacham is $5000.00. A C. Sharps is comparable in price. For someone who wants
a decent rifle without a 2 yr wait, it's not so bad after all. There are only 2 minor downsides to that rifle.
When the folks on BPCR were solicited by Dick Trenk to make recommendations about the rifle, folks
wanted double set triggers and it to be a little heavier for silhouette shooting. Seeing as it is simply
an Uberti action, there must have been something about the Uberti double sets that they didn't care
for. I would expect the weight was a compromise for cowboy and other shooters, and not simply a BPCR
rifle. I wouldn't get one because it is too light for my purposes and having it rebarreled then puts it
into a price range that it is not worth.  If the exchange rate comes down, and it gets into the 13/14/1500 range
then it is worth putting a heavier Badger or whatever brand barrel on it and then you have a good long
range rifle

dc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com