Author Topic: Going to be in a Christmas Lights Parade!  (Read 4247 times)

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cactus Flats Ranch and Arenas, Inc.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Going to be in a Christmas Lights Parade!
« on: November 07, 2004, 09:06:57 PM »
First Weekend of December, my Husband and I amd some of our Friends, are going to be in a Christmas Lights Parade here in Casa Grande, AZ.
We are Dressing up our Truck in Christmas Lights, and will be Entering it as a Float. ;D
Even better, is that we are All going to have our Guns, and Gear, and 1800's Clothes on!  ;D
Here is how the Truck will be Decked:
* Body of Entire Truck Covered in Net Lights
* Top of Bed, Mid Section of Truck, and Base of Truck will have Strands of Net Lights going all the way around
* Truck Bed will have Canopy over top of it 8 Ft. High, made of 4 2x4's and Fastened Securely to a 1/2 Inch Piece of Particle Board or Plywood for the Canopy Top
* 2x4's will be Notched to fit the Stake Holes in the Truck Bed and will fit Securely to the same
* Canopy will have Net Lights covering the Top of it, with Icycle Lights for the Edge Accent
* Support Beams will be Wrapped in White Strand Lights and Chili Lights.
* The Cannopy will also be Decked in Western Decorations
* On the Sides of the Truck, will be Signs stating who is Riding in the Truck; that are Strand Lights in Peg Board, that are Bolt and  Bracketed to the Truck Sides.
* In the Truck Bed, will be Placed a Collage of Family Photos, 3 Bales of Straw, a Small Generator, an Amp, a Microphone, a Speaker, and the Boom Box.
* The Underside of the Canopy, near where the Seats of Straw will be, will hang White Lighted Snowflakes.
* The Boom Box will be Playing Western Christmas Music and the Mic will be to Communicate with the Judges, Announcers, and Crowds Street - Side
*Above the Canopy, on top of the Net Lights, and on the Roof of the Truck, we will have our Santa, Sleigh, and Reindeer Figurines and our Snowman Figurine, All of it Lighted, and the Lead Reindeer Moves his Head from Side to Side
* We will be tossing Candy Canes to the Crowds Street - Side

After the Parade, We are All going back to my Place for Decorating my Place, and Cookies, Hot Chocolate, and Apple Cider.

SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
Senora Abrana S. Garcia - Bonney - Immortal Gunfighters Western Reenactment Group - Chloride, AZ.
R.A.T.S. #133
LLB Onda AZ Leader/LLB Street Team
Owner - MSN Group Hacienda de Billito
http://groups.msn.com/HaciendadeBillito

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Going to be in a Christmas Lights Parade!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 09:30:23 AM »
Sounds like it might be worth a trip to Arizona just to see this.  Hole you get pictures! 
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 09:38:34 AM »
Yep! I'll get Pics! It might take me a while to get them Developed and Posted, but I'll get them!  ;D and Yep! We'd Love to see you at the Parade! It is a Real Good Time!  ;D
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
Senora Abrana S. Garcia - Bonney - Immortal Gunfighters Western Reenactment Group - Chloride, AZ.
R.A.T.S. #133

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:29:52 PM »

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 09:39:01 AM »
Sounds like a lot of lights!, I'm with Russ, hope to see pictures of it!
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 12:48:54 PM »
Michael, that's the Whole Idea, is to try to Out - Decorate Everyone else with Lights on your Vehicle!  ;D
Oh, and the Parade is at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2004 for those who wish to be Spectators!  ;D
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
R.A.T.S. #133

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 01:12:19 PM »
Kate, your plans sound wonderful and exciting, but before you go too far, I hope you don't mind if I suggest you take a long read of the rules for floats for the parade. Some things may be allowed while others are not. Around here, folks are not allowed to ride in the open bed of a pick up truck. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I just don't want you to be disappointed if the rules aren't what you expect and are planning for.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 07:20:59 PM »
No Problem, Annie Lee. I Appreciate the Heads Up. I have seen however; where People have Decorated thier Trucks and Provided Secure Seating for the Parade Riders. Which is what we are Planning to do.
Also, we are going Tomorrow Night, to the Meeting for the Parade, its Sponsors, Entrants, and Organizers, and to pick up a Packet that Outlines the Rules and such.
I don't think that we would be Seriously Harming anyone nor Breaking Any Rules, as our Truck Bed would be Considered "Enclosed," Because of the Canopy over the Top and the Secure Seating placed in the Center of the Truck Bed.
I have had Safety First and Foremost in my Mind from the Very Beginning.
Mostly, this is a Small, Community Event and Fun Is the Name of the Game. Although Safety of course, IS on the Top of the List, I plan to make this as Safe and Enjoyable an Experience for All involved as Possible.
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
R.A.T.S. #133

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 11:31:56 PM »
Kate, I just realized that Casa Grande is in English, Big House, so, what are you in for???  I know you're innocent, they all are..  ::)
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 11:02:13 AM »
LOL!  ;D Not in for Anything, Just like this Town. We are a Small, Rural Farm Town, whose Chief Product is Cotton. Cattle, Copper, and Dairy are our other Chief Industries.  ;D I guess though you could say I'm Committed to this Town.  Lovely Scenery, Friendly People who don't ask your Business, etc.  ;D
I have since, Sentenced myself to Working for the Local Museum as a Volunteer Docent. I Love my Job, and the People who run the Place.  ;D
our "Big House" that you speak of are the Adobe Ruins at Coolidge, that are the Remains of an Aincent Native Populace that Disappeared.  ;D
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
R.A.T.S. #133

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 01:31:56 PM »
Last evening; I went to the Planning Meeting for the Committee, Organizers, and Entrants for the Parade. We are Vying for some pretty heft Titles.

*Best use of Lights

*Most Creative Costuming

*Most Original Float

I think Overall, we will get most Creative Costuming.
(1800's Era Period Correct Costumes Complete with Guns and Gear)
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
R.A.T.S. #133

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com