Author Topic: Leech and Rigdon Uberti With pix  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Leech and Rigdon Uberti With pix
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »
Not sure where to put this one but seeing as how some of these no doubt made their way west after the war. It's going in here.

Okay, not a picture yet but it's coming tomorrow and I have some time to post now so here is the text. Finishing the gun tomorrow.
I got a new Uberti Leech and Rigdon from Dixie. I was really pleased with the gun; beautiful blue and case colors. Only problem is approximately .100"  overlap on the frame / barrel so the gun will eventually get a button on the end of the cylinder spindle for a permanent stop. The wedge fit nicely.
I worked it over. Stripped the grips, refinished in Plinkington's stain and oil, adjusted the backstrap bottom angle so the grip doesn't spring off. There is one odd light color spot in the grips I couldnt erradicate, just a wood anomaly. Figure was nonexistent as usual on current Ubertis I've seen.
I did a lot of smoothing of internals and some necessary on the loading lever. I opened the shallow V sight in the hammer into a nice .080" U. I did the M. Belivieu thing using JB weld to fill the hammer notch. The main spring was lightened on the belt sander and the bolt spring replaced with a better one. The end of the rammer was also slightly reshaped.
New Tresco nipples are on the way. These Uberti nips were easy to extract. Maybe Dixie is loosening them up for customers to avoid complaints. All the other guns I've gotten lately have those nips put in by a gorilla.
I really like this pistol. Reminds me of a mini Dragoon. Only thing, I wish they had the original smooth cylinder instead of the parts bin Navy cylinder with the rolled engraving. Some day I may have a gunsmith remove the engraving and re-blue the cylinder. The gun feels great and is very smooth to operate now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com