Author Topic: Back to normal  (Read 14608 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Back to normal
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
Just finished breakfast.  Nothing chocolate left in the house, no cookies or candy, no left over cold cuts or meat, no sugary stuff, nothing baked, not a hint of peppermint.

Eggs with cheese and onions, bacon, sausage, hash browns with onions and green bell peppers, all fried in butter and grease THE WAY GOD INTENDED!!!
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
Re: Back to normal
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »
Now jist who in tha wide wide werld o' whatever EVER sed YOU were normal in enny way?
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »
LOL ;D 10zzzzz was the fast draw on that one
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:00:03 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
Just like I said, "We're all here because we're not all there"!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »
We're having eggs with lots of butter and bacon for luuuuuunch.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
Forty Rod's breakfast has done made me hungry! I can feel my arteries hardening as we speak!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:52:18 PM »
Now jist who in tha wide wide werld o' whatever EVER sed YOU were normal in enny way?

I did!  Pay attention, dammit.  There's gonna be a test on this on Monday.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
I did!  Pay attention, dammit.  There's gonna be a test on this on Monday.

Test? Ya gonna short circuit tha brain cell ya got tryin' ta make up ah test 40T!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »
No chocolate, no cookies... no candy!??  Now that is a true shame, but same here. :( :(

Slim's lunch sounds good!  Think I may put some bacon on the stove!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »
Gotta go back to some baked goods.  Need biscuits to put under the gravy next time.

I wish I could remember how Mom used to make biscuits by frying them in bacon grease or lard.  They looked like hell, but they sure were good.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
Mix some baking powder with some flour and salt.  Add enough milk to make a wet mix.  Grab off small balls, dip in flour and fatten with hands.  Poke a  bit of a hole in the center kinda like and doughnut and fry till brown on both sides. 

Don't know if that's how she did it, but that's the way to old Ioway woman taught me to make fry bread, passes the muster with any In-dun I've made it for. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
Forty, You need some Dutch Oven Biscuits to go with that GRAVY! You need some sausage in that gravy too!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »
You need some sausage in that gravy too!

Prolly can't get no good sausage out there, you know, the kind you can find the person who made it. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »
Yep!

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
Forty, You need some Dutch Oven Biscuits to go with that GRAVY! You need some sausage in that gravy too!

How can you even call it gravy without sausage? 

Well, I guess there's beef gravy and turkey gravy and chicken gravy, but still.......!  I even add a bit of sausage to poultry gravy most of the time.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
But the real question is can you buy sausage from anyone who can look you straight in the eye and say, "I made that and it's good stuff." ;D

If not yer sausage is mass produced like a cheap car and may come with the lug bolts loose. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »
But the real question is can you buy sausage from anyone who can look you straight in the eye and say, "I made that and it's good stuff." ;D

If not yer sausage is mass produced like a cheap car and may come with the lug bolts loose. ;D

Got an old German fella named Oscar somethinorother.  When he dies or retires I'm gonna be in trouble.  I guess I could go to Liborio, the Cuban market about a mile away, and talk to the guy there that makes theirs.  It tastes pretty good, but he don't LOOK sanitary. He don't look human.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »
Got an old German fella named Oscar somethinorother.  When he dies or retires I'm gonna be in trouble.  I guess I could go to Liborio, the Cuban market about a mile away, and talk to the guy there that makes theirs.  It tastes pretty good, but he don't LOOK sanitary. He don't look human.

Don't matter as long as it's good.  Otto Von Bismark said, "If one wants to respect laws and sausage then one should refrain from watching them be made." ;D  "Course that's the traslation. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Oscar Mayer? 
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
OK Wiki quotes says it's a mis-quote, no big deal, still a good one. ;D

Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made.
Though similar remarks are often attributed to Bismarck, this is the earliest known quote regarding laws and sausages, and is attributed to John Godfrey Saxe in The Daily Cleveland Herald (29 March 1869) and "Quote... Misquote" by Fred R. Shapiro in The New York Times (21 July 2008); according to Shapiro's research, such remarks only began to be attributed to Bismarck in the 1930s.
Variants often attributed to Bismarck:
If you like laws and sausages, you should never watch either one being made.
Laws are like sausages — it is best not to see them being made.
Laws are like sausages. It is better not to see them being made.
Laws are like sausages. You should never see them made.
Laws are like sausages. You should never watch them being made.
Law and sausage are two things you do not want to see being made.
No one should see how laws or sausages are made.
To retain respect for sausages and laws, one must not watch them in the making.
The making of laws like the making of sausages, is not a pretty sight.
Je weniger die Leute darüber wissen, wie Würste und Gesetze gemacht werden, desto besser schlafen sie nachts.
The less the people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they sleep in the night.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com