Author Topic: 1873 - second model firing pin stumper  (Read 1237 times)

Offline onetotaltoolman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1873 - second model firing pin stumper
« on: May 12, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »
Hey Guys : new to the forum. i have a few new and old version Winchestere 1873. Recently i purchased a "supposedly great condition"
1873 on line. It arrived, and upon examination i thought, hey, not bad. Well, then i cycled the lever, and as the bolt assembly began to slide backwards, i watched a small "pin" fall out of the gun. Oh-oh, here we go. So, did a dissasembly, and found that the tip of the firing pin had broken off the body of the pin. ONly issue is the configuration of this model's pin . After researching this a bit, i am somewhat confused. The dust cover does appear to be that of a second model, but the cartridge carrier has no caliber marks on it, which i was always lead to believe that no marks indicated early 44-40 versions that should have been first edition models. There is no serial number on this one as well. The firing pin for the 2nd. model has a "stubby" protrusion , but mine is thinner and longer. (see attached pic, which i found on line. Mine looks exactly like this). Does anuone with more experience on the 73' firing system know what i sholud be trying to find ? thanks - glad to be on board. toolman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com