Author Topic: BP adaptor????  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Anvil Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Anvil Dave
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BP adaptor????
« on: February 14, 2005, 10:21:42 AM »
Where can I get an adaptor to fit on a Goex b/p can to go  on my Mec reloader? Black Dawge Cartridge had it , but, can't find it. ???

Offline Cactus Cris

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: BP adaptor????
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »
Gimpy--I use a MEC sizemaster and put the bp right in the plastic jug it came with.   I use a #43 powder bushing in a 1 1/8 oz. shot bar.  MEC says that the jug is "antistatic" and is OK to use for BP.  So I do.  Been doing it for 9yrs.
Darksider- Gpa of 5- Rabid  C&Br,   DGB, Scorrs, ACSA, RSCAS,TONTO RIMM,  SASS #2790, 31 & counting Clean match's

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 08:25:05 AM »
I load BP on my MECs with no worries.  I used to buy into the ol static discharge boogyman, but that's been laid to rest.  MEC does sell a metal drop tube.  If you still want a metal powder hopper, many powder cans, or their caps, will screw rite onto the MEC.  I used to do that, but now I use the plastic bottle and don't worry none about it.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:14:32 PM »

Offline Anvil Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Anvil Dave
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 10:45:54 AM »
That's great, I was buying a MEC Sizemaster. A #43 bushing for 11/8 oz. shot, but do you dip the BP or what bushing #?

Offline Cactus Cris

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »
The #43 is the powder bushing.  The charge bar is pre-set for 1 1/8 oz.
  BTW--graduated to a MEC Grabber & still use the #43 powder bushing and the 1 1/8 oz shot bar  A faster loader than the SIzemaster.  Every time the handle goes up/down a finished shell is done.   :o ;D
Darksider- Gpa of 5- Rabid  C&Br,   DGB, Scorrs, ACSA, RSCAS,TONTO RIMM,  SASS #2790, 31 & counting Clean match's

Offline Anvil Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Anvil Dave
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 09:22:26 AM »
Castus Cris..........okay, I'm catching the ideal to load B/P shotshell. One more, what wads do you use for the paper hulls? I do reload shotshells, I'm  a trap shooter and I have a Hornady 366 press and I'm new to reload B/P shotshells

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com