Author Topic: Point of Impact Change  (Read 2920 times)

Offline USBP1969

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Point of Impact Change
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:14:07 AM »
Howdy,

I am looking for someone to adjust the point of impact on an Uberti 4 3/4".  I need a 5" windage change.  So far the only smith I could find who has listed a POI change is "Goat Neck Clem," but so far I haven't been able to get in touch with him.

Thanks,
-kent
Lose Sight = Lose Fight

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
Re: Point of Impact Change
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »
The SASS wire will do the job.

http://sassnet.com/forums/
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:57:44 AM »
Howdy,

I am looking for someone to adjust the point of impact on an Uberti 4 3/4".  I need a 5" windage change.  So far the only smith I could find who has listed a POI change is "Goat Neck Clem," but so far I haven't been able to get in touch with him.

Thanks,
-kent

Anyone that works on revolvers should be able to do it.  You didn't say what distance you are shooting.  If it's 5" at 50 yards that is different than 5" at 10 yards.  Normally, IF all else is correct (grip, finger placement on the trigger, etc.) to change the windage you need to turn the barrel in the frame.  So, a barrel vice and frame wrench are needed.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:35:17 PM »

Offline USBP1969

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
Sorry about that. 

I'm shooting at 25 yards with a 5 - 6 inch left print.  I can see that the front sight is tipped a bit to the right.

I did place the same request on the SASS Wire and now have two more folks to contact besides Goatneck.

Also the handgun is an EMF Dakota II which looks to be a twin to to the Uberti Hombre.

USBP1969
Lose Sight = Lose Fight

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:02 PM »
Try to find someone that lives near you to do the work.  Twisting the barrel is not a precise science especially since impact depends a lot on how the shooter grips the gun.  You might need to make more than one trip to get the POI where you want it.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:34 AM »
Have you checked to make sure the barrel is tight. I had a Uberti that was like you describe and the barrel wasnt even tight. I took the extractor rod off and unscrewed the barrel by hand.

I put it in a barrel vice and screw it back on tight and never had another problem with it.

I guess Uberti had their gorilla installing forearm cap screws and dust cover screws on 73 rifles that day and a kid screwed the barrel on my revolver.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com