Author Topic: Making guns Faster  (Read 16432 times)

Offline cowboyjared

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Making guns Faster
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
Twowalks my meaning of can only walk, is it possible ride a horse and use your gun from the holster. Some of the more historical type will have the higher riding rigs but many have what I believe is a buscadero rig which is nearly impossible to use on horseback (for both mounted shooting and daily use).  There may be different groups that shoot and Im not sure of all the different rules regarding guns, but many of my friends post the video (I will share at the bottom) asking if Im as fast as her. I didnt mean to cause offense to you I sorry if you construed it that  way.

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »
Twowalks my meaning of can only walk, is it possible ride a horse and use your gun from the holster. Some of the more historical type will have the higher riding rigs but many have what I believe is a buscadero rig which is nearly impossible to use on horseback (for both mounted shooting and daily use).  There may be different groups that shoot and Im not sure of all the different rules regarding guns, but many of my friends post the video (I will share at the bottom) asking if Im as fast as her. I didnt mean to cause offense to you I sorry if you construed it that  way.

;D There is very few as fast as Nicole Franks.  What you are watching is a category within the "World Fast Draw" with extremely altered guns.  They are made as light as possible including aluminum barrels lined with steel.  Shooting is from 8 to 10 feet with black powder duplex loads.  The largest area of Fast draw today is the "Cowboy Fast Draw Association".  Guns can be tuned and polished but not altered.  Holsters and belts have strict guidelines.  Now the stance of the shooter and where they wear the belt is up to the shooter and believe me, there are some that laugh at the low belts (butt bra's) and the extreme stances that would put me in the hospital.  Accuracy at 21 feet can be just as important as speed.  I can and do wear my gun and holster on a horse from time to time though less with age.

CAS, SASS, NCOWS, World Fast draw, Cowboy Fast draw as well as Mounted shooting are sports.  Some reflect real life better than others, but they are still sports and one size does not fit all.  For example the majority of guns used in Mounted shooting are not legal in Cowboy Fast Draw but guns used in Cowboy fast draw are legal in Mounted Shooting. 

I currently shoot in the Mid 0.500's
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »
  There may be different groups that shoot and Im not sure of all the different rules regarding guns, but many of my friends post the video (I will share at the bottom) asking if Im as fast as her. I didnt mean to cause offense to you I sorry if you construed it that  way.
Howdy cowbojared, that video ain't gotta thing to do with Cowboy Action Shooting, that's from the World Fast Draw bunch. The Cowboy Fast Draw Association has strict rules about guns and holsters. The guns have to be just like they were in 1873, they are allowed to smooth out the action and install reduced power springs, that's it. The holsters have to be of traditional Mexican loop design, unless you are in the Shootist category (7 1/2" barrels) then they have to be a Slim Jim. And the holsters have to be worn on the center of the thigh, no buscaderos, no drop loops, no laying across the front of your leg. We start with one hand on the gun, the off hand has to be on the other side of the body, that's why you won't see a bunch fanning  going on. To find out more check out the CFDA web site and rule book, it has some very good introductory videos.  Good Luck :)
http://www.cowboyfastdraw.com/

The main stay games of Cowboy Action Shooting we do are SASS, NCOWS and Wild Bunch. Find some local matches to truly see what any of these are about.
http://www.sassnet.com/
http://www.sassnet.com/wildbunch/
http://www.ncows.org/

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:27:34 PM »

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
Howdy Red Cent, yea Duece is fast, he just won "Gunsmoke" The Midwest regional. 8) Did you notice the Cowboy Action video part 2 ??? Remember at Mule Camp where we had to carry Gus' leg through the train ;D

There is also a good intro for Cowboy Fast Draw Association. Good Luck :)

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 05:52:48 PM »
Lots of memories Jefro. Took me three years to get it done. Old Ruff Edge was stout competitor. I went 2-3 years at the old Mulecamp and 2-3 at the new one. Ain't been down for a while.

Sure wish someone would crank fastdraw up here.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
Lots of memories Jefro. Took me three years to get it done. Old Ruff Edge was stout competitor. I went 2-3 years at the old Mulecamp and 2-3 at the new one. Ain't been down for a while.

Sure wish someone would crank fastdraw up here.
Yep, them's some good memories ;D. Let me know how we can help get Cowboy Fast Draw started up your way, we've been hoping someone in the Raleigh area would take it on. We have extra targets ya'll can use if there is an interest. And we'd be glad to come up there and run a Town Folk Alley to introduce it to everyone. Good Luck :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com