Author Topic: Innerestin Facts Bout Nebraska  (Read 57096 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Innerestin Facts Bout Nebraska
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
If ya do, drift north an lunch is on me an Lil.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 06:48:48 PM »
Isn't Ted Turner one of the largest single landowners in Nebraska? ???
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
Don't know, have ta ask Jane.  On second thought, I'll just take yer word fer it.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 09:41:52 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2009, 11:03:59 PM »
The Naval ammo depot in Hastings supplied 40 percent of the ammo used in Big Two.  Were the biggest plant in the country.

Roo oughta be feelin some kinda twiter from that bit a news.

Having a Naval Ammo depot in Newbrassky is like having the ARMY corp of engineers in charge of the water ways....That's Military Intelligence at it's finest.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2009, 11:04:51 PM »
Isn't Ted Turner one of the largest single landowners in Nebraska? ???

That's New Mexico he owns
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
LR, I was in MI for a while, I guess I wasn't cut out to be a Double Naught Spy!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »
Well yer first name meets the quailfications.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »
Yep, Leo I got my first name from my granddad on my mom's side of the Family(King). He was a working cowboy that died before  she was born. I have his Masonic Ring(too small for my finger). He was a member of the Lodge in Matador, Texas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 12:47:04 AM »

Having a Naval Ammo depot in Newbrassky is like having the ARMY corp of engineers in charge of the water ways....That's Military Intelligence at it's finest.

Atchaly it makes sense if yer coast lines er at risk.  "TURN OUT THOSE LIGHTS!!!"
   There was reports of CD folks seein Gerry periscopes off of Manhatten with the naked eye.  Centralize that ammo. 

Roland Deschain

Offline G. P. Cobb

• Citizen
  • "I'm as good once as I ever was".
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009, 02:12:57 AM »

That's New Mexico he owns

Yes he is, dunno about New Mexico,  he owns a lot in the sandhills.
EX-Nebraskan

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2009, 07:06:25 AM »
Yes he is, dunno about New Mexico,  he owns a lot in the sandhills.
EX-Nebraskan

It's a plot to take over the west one state at a time
Mathew 5.9

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »
Ted Turner does have a big ranch in NM near Cimmaron, he's loaded it with buffalo.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2009, 10:23:14 AM »
Ah, Cimarron and Red River NM.  Spent a lot of summer vacations up there. You've never lived till you traveled the old gravel road between them, especially pullin' a 2 horse trailer with tired horses in it.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2009, 11:31:21 AM »
Ah, Cimarron and Red River NM.  Spent a lot of summer vacations up there. You've never lived till you traveled the old gravel road between them, especially pullin' a 2 horse trailer with tired horses in it.

Some folks never travel any gravel roads, sorta feel sorry for them, but most when they do end up on one they ain't got enough common sense to wave as someone passes by goin' the other way. >:(
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »
I have a real good friend up here that went to visit his cousin in Tulsa last year, when he came back he told about driving around Tulsa, said when they'd pull up to a stop light, Larry said he'd throw up his hand to the car next to em, said people looked at him like he was nuts and then his cousin told him he'd better stop wavin at people before he waved at the wrong car and they got shot.  :o 
Needless to say, Larry felt Tulsa wasn't a very friendly city.   course Larry's lived over here in Arkansas all his life and probably waved at every cars he's met on the gravel road for the last 50 years.

that's the way we were raised several years back,  you waved at people cause people were generally friendly,  just in the past several years has it become a bad thing. 

(still a good thing over here, you wave weather you know them or not and chances are they'll wave back, cause they don't want'a take a chance they might know ya and not wave)
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »
If yer close to town you end up with Yuppies in SUV's that don't wave and they drive 10-15 miles an hour.  worse when ya got to follow one down the road.  Would get in trouple but always figgered it would be fun to do one a the PITs like they do on COPS.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2009, 12:13:27 PM »
Back a bit, yep the Naval ammo plant was here, they didn't have no ICBM's, no bomber could reach here and any sabatour off a sub we could a spotted them sneakin' up out here on the prairie. ;)  Was a big Army Air Corp bomp plant at Mead, about 40 miles NW of Lincoln, they used to shuttle folks to there in busses to work.

Lots a POW Camps also, if they escaped where would they go. ;D  One Nazi that did down in south central Newbrassky story goes got marched back to camp by a 12 year ould with a single-shot 22. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »
I'd heard my Dad talk about the German soliders at the camps in Oklahoma, said he'd get several to work during the summer, said nearly all the farmers used a few. said most of em were glad to be there doing that and not over there havin to fight.
back in the early 90's there was a group that came to Muskogee from Germany, they had been held at Camp Gruber, about 10 miles from Muskogee, they went out and toured the place with some of their familys and some of the older folks who ran the camps back then,  they stayed about a week or so
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:48 PM »
Pretty well all of them that wern't Nazi's were said to have been glad to be here and didn't try to escape.  Lots of them used on farms up here also, some came back later and stayed.

One of the few Japanese captured in the war came back and became one of the biggest apple growers in Nebraska City.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2009, 12:52:53 PM »
Crews were bold ‘nuff ta use U-Boats ta mine the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Thinkin’ that’s the one they found on the bottom not too long ago off the coast of Carolina. Aircraft got it.

One story told these parts was the Guard caught three comin’ ashore in New Jersey wearin’ plain clothes with communication equipment. Military Tribunal the next mornin’. Convicted as spies. Shot dead that afternoon.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com